Game Problem: nullDC + Shenmue

Resuriko

Sorry if this has been addressed, I'm new to the Dreamcast Emulator side of things.

I have nullDC running, and Shenmue working on it just fine.. except...

When I have Ryo walk forward, he walks/looks up at the same time. I am using my keyboard as input since my gamepad wouldn't configure properly. And everything on the keyboard functions fine except for this. Any quick fixes/know what's going on? The game is hard to play if he just stares up at the ceiling the whole time (I can't see where I'm going :c )

Thanks in advance, folks.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Okay, since im back from work, I will get to testing it now. ;3 watch for an edit of this post.

Btw, NullDC doesn't like my controller either, supposedly there is a certain configuration that you have to go through to get the damn thing to work, but its all too much trouble for me.

EDIT: Okay, I tried it out, and its a problem where you have the D-Pad and the Analog Stick assigned to the same keys, D-Pad Up moves forward, Analog Stick Up moves the camera upward. All you need to do is re-assign the D-Pad and the Analog Stick to different keys. Hope this works! If it doesn't, I'll be checking on this every few minutes.

Last edited:

Resuriko

We have a Logitech Gamepad F310. I downloaded drivers and everything for it, my computer recognizes it, but nullDC wouldn't let me use it. :c Tried using joy2key as well. Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough for this stuff. Hah.

sohrabkhan

Ummm.. I have an issue. I am running Shenmue on Nulldc... works fine.. right upto the point where i try to investigate or pick objects (which you should be able to do by holding the R trigger and pressing A)... I cant seem to get Ryo run or get him to investigate.. meaning, the triggers assigned to the keys of my choice arent working... do i need a patch of some sort? by the way. i am using a HP DV6, 2.0ghz, 10gb ram with AMD Radeon HD series so i know i have the right machine.. But i am using the standard keyboard. Please help :(

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Going to have to guess its a button assignment issue. Same game pads usb adapters do dumb things like press two buttons on the HID screen at once. So many emulators have troubles. If you know where the pad ini file is, post it in here. Also go to the computer control panel and test those buttons. They should only respond to one function.