Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with building a new pc for emulation.

Default Re: Help with building a new pc for emulation.

hey just remember this. Dolphin takes advantage of the technologies in intel. I was an AMD fan till this year. It was really important for me to get dolphin up to speed. I went from an AMD clocked to 4.0 running near %60 on zelda sws to the intel not even clocked over yet at 3.4 and ran zelda at %90. So even if the steamroller is a monster you still suffer because dolphin is not written to take advantage of what AMD has to offer. Best of luck to you!
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

The New Kid

Found something awesome for amd users seems Dolphin x64-r6515 will run better on amd then the latest one, i have it at 720p with no slowdowns and minimal skiping (with an A8-8320 2.9 GHz and a Hd 7750) so its seems it me be more then doable with an Fx 8 core, and it'll let me get a better video card. so it also seems amd will do better in editing and ill be able to upgrade ot steamroller so i may go for amd unless i can get a really good deal on an I5.

BTW if you dont want to read the brick wall of text i said it seems Dolphin x64-r6515 works better on amd for some reason. even my A8-8320 2.9 GHz and a Hd 7750 can run most games at 100% with minimal slowdowns though only at 720P.

Edit:meant to say 3.0 Ghz.

Last edited by ulaoulao; August 7th, 2013 at 16:43.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

The New Kid

Seems good though amd newest APUS can emulate ps2 and GC fine not sure about wii, so if you have anyone looking for budget here show them to the proper version of the emu and some of amds new apus XP

like i know intel is better for Emulation because of the better core performance, but dont be afraid to recommend an apu for emulation on a budget. I have seen some really good results for as good as a budget build can get, my friend and me have been testing his pc with an apu and have some promiseing results. though the i5 is the best choice unless its for rendering or editing too : P

But only reccomend the latest APUS and the A10

also the chart i found their has some really good amd results xP
    https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?...LQ0-tZv6Pc_h84

Oh course it pales in comparison to haswell but amd will not be able to compete till about excavator if all goes well, i really dont want one company having monopoly over the cpu market.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; August 9th, 2013 at 03:28.

Thread Information