Emulator Problem: Trying to use lxdream emulator on my MacBook Pro

Mullet_Wesker

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and understand this is a good place to stop by for emulation advice.

I only have a Mac, which I understand makes playing video games a pain in the butt, but I'm not letting that keep me down!

I've downloaded and installed the only Mac Dreamcast emulator I've been able to find, lxdream, but after that, I'm pretty much lost. When I download the ISO file for Resident Evil 2, I extract it using the app The Unarchiver (as coolrom.com told me to do so) and then it creates a folder simply titled "Resident Evil 2". Within that folder are now multiple RAR files with titles like "re2d2.part01". I even have one labeled re2d2.part15, but every part between 4 and 15 are missing...

I thought I was able to get House of the Dead 2 to work, as the lxdream program read "HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2" at the top, but when I hit resume, I get this message:

"No program is loaded, an no BIOS is configured (required to boot a CD image). To continue, either load a binary program, or set the path to your BIOS file in the Path Preferences"

I made sure to download a BIOS folder labeled DCBios with more folders in it with labels like "NTSC-U_BIOS", "NTSC-J_BIOS", etc. Within them are .bin files labedl "dc_boot" and "dc_flash".

Needless to say, I am completely lost. I also understand this post is pretty confusing, and I apologize.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :bow:

Mullet_Wesker

Says there that macDC is an emulator for Mac but the download link says it can't find the page I'm looking for. I googled macDC and every single download link I click on is asking me to install something else, like MacKeeper or Genio and weird crap. Hmm... I'll keep digging up dirt on this macDC thing, though. Thank you!