Emulation ROM Manager

Kolten Robison

So, I am a student at the Colorado School of Mines, and I have just released a program for managing emulation ROMS! If anyone is interested, they can find it here sites.google.com/site/emulationLibrary thanks! :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Always nice to see new rom launchers. Check out QuickPlay for some inspiration. IMO its the best for this type of front end style. Unfortunately its in Delphi, but it works really well. What language did you write in?

Kolten Robison

QuickPlay does look very useful. Its UI seems somewhat cluttered to me though, and it appears fairly difficult to configure. I wrote EmuLib in C++ (with a tad of XML ;) long story) and I plan on adding support for many emulators as well as metadata pulling and fun stuff like that! Thanks for the reply

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You have to use QP to understand. Its layout is configurable. You can just pick layouts from a drop down. It does have a learning curve but I think all software does. Qp has some of the most useful syou will find out there. C++ is my personal favorite language so I like the sound of that. If you ever need a community to help drop by the QP forums we love to see something written in c++ to an alternative! Keep up the great work.

Kolten Robison

Thanks very much! I will have to drop by the QP forums sometime for sure haha. Also good choice for favorite programming language ;)