full screen on older emulators to tv.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
For emulators like dolphin where its all dx or open gl, full screening to my second window ( tv ) is no problem. but some emulators like stellx or fusion full screen is forced to my main monitor. Now I do have a nice card but I dont think that has much to do with it. Though its the gtx 660 ti nvidia card.

I download an app that allows changing of monitor in full screen mode. I see the screen flash like it tried but stays on the main monitor. Like I said with DX its simple. I can change my FS to any monitor I want. Its just the emulators that dont use dx or gl. Most of the common tips I have tried like the win key alt arrow and extra software to do it, none of which works.

I guess what I'm looking for is what are they emulators using if not gl or dx? IS is sdl? Once I know that I can look for a solution.

barcode386

I haven't had any issues with proper full screen settings on a dual monitor setup with Windows 8. Surprised, actually. I press Win+P and it brings up a sidebar menu asking me how I want to configure my monitors, clone or span etc. Everything from Stella to PCSX2 have worked fine.