Microsoft: No more free updates!

F

froster1990

They stopped for me once I sent an angry email!!! Actually I just blocked all access to there.

Robert

I feel that since Microsoft has made Windows by far the most-used OS, they have a moral obligation to keep all those machines working. With microsoft's typically American abuse of copyright laws, and it was them that invented software licences (another money-making scheme), they have placed themselves in a position of being responsible for the well-being of the world's computers - even the pirate ones.

LoGoS_dArK

what do yuo mean by 'how do they do that??

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Fable said:
yeah? I can still get free updates.
I don't think you read the full article. Here:
The warning follows an announcement out of Redmond, Wash., that the "Windows Genuine Advantage" anti-piracy initiative, hitherto voluntary, will be mandatory by midyear.
You can download whatever you want for a few more months.

RockY

L H D T P M
This is all marketing, unlicensed users will start experiencing deficiency with their products, just imagine a virus like Blaster how much damage could do with those computers…

Users will have just two choices. Getting a new license, or just forget about the internet.

Jale

There will be a way to get those updates... As Lefteris said, we can get it through warez sites, but... It will come along with little pets.

What if Microsoft strategy fails?

Jale

Spoiler »

nuevo33jy.jpg

:confused: Shit! they've already started with downloadable software. Of course it's just annoyance, software can be downloaded without validating...

Last edited:

Zach

Robert said:
I feel that since Microsoft has made Windows by far the most-used OS, they have a moral obligation to keep all those machines working. With microsoft's typically American abuse of copyright laws, and it was them that invented software licences (another money-making scheme), they have placed themselves in a position of being responsible for the well-being of the world's computers - even the pirate ones.

Moral obligation ?

mmmk
And just how are licenses' a 'scheme' ? You get what you pay for. Its your choice if you want to pay for it or not. The only obligation Microsoft has is to its PAYING customers.