Playing Emulators In A Different Room On Television Can It Be Done?

samarmenfilms

Hey all,

I have a 55" LCD TV hooked up to a surround sound in my living room. I am looking for a way to play Arcade (MAME) Turbografx 16, NES, Genesis, Super Nintendo, Gameboy emulators and ROMs on my TV from my computer in the bedroom without having to have a bulky tower in the living room. Can this be done? I prefer to have this done wirelessly and not have to run wires all the way from my bedroom (Where my PC is) What kind of controller would I need? (Universal that can be used on all systems especially mame) What kind of cabling? Would I need an extra wireless keyboard? I am basically looking to be able to get a one stop gaming station on my TV/Home Theater system.

If anyone has suggestions or links for the best versions of emulators for these systems I'm all ears....mine are a bit out dated

NES
SNES
Genesis
N64
Gamecube
Sega CD
Arcade
Atari
Gameboy
Turbografx 16
Neo-Geo
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast

Thanks so much!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You need 3 sets of data. Sound, video, and usb.

Setting up and running the emulator would be possible remotely with the use of a front end. Or you could set it all up and then go to the other room.

video: doing this wireless would not be a good choice. If you use a HDMI you could go up to 50 feet but with sound only about 15-20.
sound: Digital sound will not go much more then 30 feet on a sp-dif
Usb: Usb will go up to 15 feet. ( wireless controllers or wireless usb hubs are an option here )

samarmenfilms

What exactly is a front end? So basically there is no way around having to run cables to the other room basically? No wireless transmitters or anything of that nature to get sound and decent picture to another room? It is basically on the opposite side of a dividing wall I just don't want to be making holes in my walls or running cables through my door.

barcode386

I work for DirecTV and we are starting to release wireless video bridge receivers that do not need RG6 cable. I think they sell 3rd party wireless video bridges that may do this. You might want to do a keyword search by that name.