Completely helpless... can't seem to extract a ROM

Kokirian

I've been trying for a few days to download MGS: The Twin Snakes for Dolphin, but have had problems with every ROM I've downloaded. The trouble this time is that when I try to extract the ISO, I get this message:
"You need to have the following volume to continue extraction: 'C:\Users\Wyatt_2\Desktop\Video Games\Nintendo\GameCubeWii\Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes (Disc 1)\Metal_Gear_Solid_Twin_Snakes_NGC_CK\Metal_Gear_Solid_Twin_Snakes_NGC_CK\DISC1\ck-mgsts-1.r04'. Insert a disk with this volume and press 'OK' to continue."
I am using winRAR and this is the second folder that I am trying to extract. I've already extracted the first one. I hope I'm making sense.
Please help.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Um, you know dolphin plays iso right? Extracting a GC file (or iso of a GC game ) would be useless. I dont know what would happen but I'm not surprised you get errors. Now in your post you mention ....r04 this implies you dont have an iso but rather a rar package. If so are you missing the r04 file in the list? If you unsure what you have show a screen shot of the contents that you downloaded.

Robert

If it's done properly you should have 2 or more .rar files there (or .r02, r03 etc). You must start from the first file (the one ending in .rar), when it finishes it should automatically start on the 2nd file, etc until it has finished.

If it doesn't work that way, then either you're missing something, or the .rar files are not named correctly.

edit: looks like we posted at the same time...

Last edited: