is there any unix/linux users??

RockY

L H D T P M
We appreciate your concerns, but if LoGoS_dArK feels attacked, he can contact any Mod-Admin so we could analyze the situation.

J

Jet Set Willy

You're not supposed to correct people? Do you go through life in a fuzzy haze of ignorance, JAPPsmash?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
God said:
You're not supposed to correct people? Do you go through life in a fuzzy haze of ignorance, JAPPsmash?
"God" has been banned for violating the rule regarding multiple accounts. Please use your main account.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
An operating system's security depends on the skills of the system admin. If he is keen on applying the latest bugfixes and applies a good security policy everything will be fine.

Jale

Just like me. I'm always downloading the latest security stuff. I felt free to try the Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta and it works really fine :)

Last edited:

LoGoS_dArK

yeah, thats a enough to just piss me off in the morning to read, maybe if he would have read the other posts prior to that, he might of gottin a better understanding of what i meant!!

montpics

Linux is pretty hard to be understand at the beginning and now it is now trying to be more user-friendly with the GUI interface and dos-like command. :cool:

So far, not much with the Linux as I am pretty used to WindowsXP. One thing is certain Linux is getting better and better. ;)

Jale

montpics said:
Linux is pretty hard to be understand at the beginning and now it is now trying to be more user-friendly with the GUI interface and dos-like command. :cool:

So far, not much with the Linux as I am pretty used to WindowsXP. One thing is certain Linux is getting better and better. ;)
So, if I want to install Linux on my PC, can I have both Windows XP and Linux?

montpics

It can, just like mine with 3 OS'es. ;)

Or if you don't want to install it right away you can find some Linux magazines with distros than can let you boot directly with linux without installing it. :)

LoGoS_dArK

yeah, i havent used that one before danny, but i got a bootable linux 3 disc set, thats called linux redhat, i cant remember the version on it, but you can download it for free, i think its bout 650mb per disc, you should try it out japp, its not bad!! ;)

montpics

But funny as it seemed a little bit hard to configure the video setting as I really don't know how every time I try to install Red Hat. :rolleyes:
Used Mandrake just for beginners instead of Red Hat. :cool:

Jale

LoGoS_dArK said:
yeah, i havent used that one before danny, but i got a bootable linux 3 disc set, thats called linux redhat, i cant remember the version on it, but you can download it for free, i think its bout 650mb per disc, you should try it out japp, its not bad!! ;)
Yes, I'll try...

LoGoS_dArK

montpics said:
But funny as it seemed a little bit hard to configure the video setting as I really don't know how every time I try to install Red Hat. :rolleyes:
Used Mandrake just for beginners instead of Red Hat. :cool:

your right, i didnt think of that, yeah go with mandrake, but i dont the address off hand to find that, but im sure you can find it!!

thunder_184

The Punisher
okay, :excl: ((I NEED HELP)):excl: okay lets see. I need help because I despretly need to know WHAT THE **** IS UNIX AND LINUX

any good links in minde to help me out

(PS: I am super new at computers and If any one could give me there email so I can ask them questions it would be a blessing)

mhl12

please dont dig up old threads.

linux is just another operating system like Windows XP or Mac OSX. However, most linux versions are open source (meaning that anyone can edit/customize it anyway they want) and are free (as in no money).

you can read a lot more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux