Emulator Problem: nullDC: 'unable to find bios' / Chankast: any alternative to daemon tools?

anonynonynon

This is driving me insane.

nullDC

I extract the bios files to the data folder, double click 'nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace' and it says it's "unable to find bios in D:\Dreamcast\Data" and exits.

It's not because of a file called dc_bios.bin because, of the couple of bios I've tried, one was already 'dc_boot.bin' and the other I changed to no avail.

Quite simply, nullDC can't find files that are right there.

Chankast

I have to install daemon tools v3.29, but when I restart the computer as asked, I get the error saying it couldn't install and the installation was interupted, forget the two numbers.

Is there an alternative to daemon tools I can use?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
NullDC and Chankast are rather confusing emulators, and I forget how I got them to work properly, >.< Did you try installing Daemon Tools Lite?

anonynonynon

Any help with nulldc would be great, apparently this is the more up to date of the two, and two heads are better than one anyway.

The latest should set you straight.

I've installed the latest DAEMON Tools Lite, Chankast starts and works fine, but DAEMON won't mount anything with SCSI. It shows one drive, 'SCSI - 0' which has a 'no' sign and is labelled 'invalid'. Is using DT a problem? 'Cause it works using a DT drive.

Last edited:

GamerSam

Chankast biggest issue is it's a old alpha emulator that is abandoned, and nullDC confuses me to hell since it's not originally in English an directions are unclear.