Confused about ClrMAME- just ran it and not sure what happened

kuros456

So I just ran Clr MAME Pro for the first time, and I'm confused as to what it actually did and have some questions.

Note: I'm using MAMEUI .147

1) It created quite a few zip files in my ROMs folder which weren't there before. Are these new games it arbitrarily added, or are they somehow related to the ROMs I already had in there? No new games have become playable that weren't before, except 1 (I'll get to that)

2) It changed the names of most of the ROM files that I had. What's the purpose of this? Does it affect gameplay at all?

3) It did make 1 game playable that wasn't before (Vs. Pinball). This game run's fine on an older version of MAME that I have, but not on .147. Comparing the 2 versions, they're a little different, despite being the same file (copied and pasted).:glare:

If anyone can help clear this up, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Robert

clrmamepro doesn't create roms out of thin air, but it does organise what you have into something usable by the emulator (MAMEUI). If you want to play other games for which you don't roms, you'll need to get them from somewhere (google is your friend). Then run clrmamepro over them and see if you can play more games. Remember some systems such as neogeo require a bios romset as well as the ones for the games.