vzst said:
HI!

I downloaded the cxbx xbox emulator, when i was starting the
emulate, the cxbx write the following message:
Recieved Exception [0xC0000005]@0x000AFD28

please help
please read the entire thread before posting
http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showpost.php?p=22753&postcount=1
(just scroll down to bottom of the page and youll find your answer)
there are no xbox emulators that can run more than 1 or 2 games.
so far i hear only halo and turok can run on xbox emulators.

Last edited:

Xuriken

lets say the emulators DID work.. what kind of file/files do i need for the emulator to work? i was hoping that .iso files worked, but i think not... help?

donkeyknob

the .iso files would have to be decompressed/extracted so you obtain all the games files and the emulator will "boot" the default.xbe file

the_ghost

emu wizard
donkeyknob said:
the .iso files would have to be decompressed/extracted so you obtain all the games files and the emulator will "boot" the default.xbe file
dont you need a bios too?
Also you can use winRAR to exract iso's.
Im not to sure if any other programs can extract iso's but
winRAR always works for me.

Last edited:

donkeyknob

does winRAR work with the xbox isos? (otherwise known as .xiso files?)

yeah, some form of BIOS would probably be required, depending on the emu i suppose. its probably not unlikely that there will be a bios free emu seein as they can make windows run on the xbox.....

Agret

the_ghost said:
dont you need a bios too?
Also you can use winRAR to exract iso's.
Im not to sure if any other programs can extract iso's but
winRAR always works for me.
Nah WinRAR can't open XBOX ISO's

rogersstuart

onewecallgod said:
uhhh....no. xbox DVDs are identical to PC DVDs. how do people copy xbox games then? OH NOES WITCHCRAFT! PCs can copy xbox games, therefore it can "read" them. (Note: read is put in quotes for a reason)

donkeyknob, 450 posts and i dont even ever remember seeing you.... good job though

i think i read someware that xbox dvds are diffrent from pc dvds :dry: , because they have a larger data area than a pc disk which has some code that the xbox uses to decrypt the disk, or something like that. the pc can read the disk because it only looks like a standard dvd but isnt physically. this is just a guess, it may just be a standard dvd with the file table written in a non-standard location. someone should really look into this, it is at least partly standard. bypass any protection and pow youve got onee emulation problem solved. :happy:

donkeyknob

um... no. they are written in a slighty different format to data DVD and movie DVD, a sort of mix between the two which the xbox console (using FATX instead of FAT32) reads

Harlock

Ehm, we are in 2006, any news about xbox and ps2 emulators?
Some of them works now?

There is a friend of mine that was pretty sure in 2005 that he's pc was emulating xbox dunno wich emulator did he use but he's pc broke.

Well dunno hope now xbox emulation is reality.

Keep up the good job ;)

cooleet8

I am quite confused about the thing that you cannot have your PC's read an xbox dvd. Can someone tell me how the hell in the philippines did they make a pirated xbox games? just need to know. :D

Ojive

I dont get it.

I DO get it, that XDVD files are being dumped through some mod software on the console. But are they being dumped to a PC? I got this ISO right here, and i got no clue what to do with it.

A) WinRar cannot open the archive (as written before in this thread)
B) Cannot be read by windows (Daemon tools). Now here is the tricky question. If xbox dvd files are being transfered to a PC, and then made an ISO of ON A PC, shouldt the result be a windows readable DVD iso?

I think im lost when it comes to using Cxbx or Xeon. Since they run on Windows platform, request .xbe files. But im assuming that default.xbe is inside that ISO? Well, thats nice, since it cannot be read or opened or whatever.

Can someone sort me out here?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Wolflet

Wolflet
Hi

I'm one of the biggest newbies you will meet in emulating, though ive had a brainwave and i want to know if its possible to do this:

Why doesnt someone create or even modify a PC DVD drive so it can read Xbox files and convert them into a format that the computer will read? I'm sure it cant be THAT hard to create a DVD Drive like that. We then wont need emulating software, we can just let the hardware do it. If theres a flaw in the idea, let me know.:D

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
I know this topic is old (including the post you just replied to), but Xeon won't even play halo past the first level. Cxbx has much more functionality.

Re: xbox games

just thought I had to add this , Ive been modding xbox for 2 and half years.
in response to:

"Section Two: Getting The Games
Most Xbox games can't be read by your computer. It doesnt matter if you have a DVD-ROM or DVD-RW or what, it more then likely wont work. Why? Because computers like .exe files while Xboxes want .xbe files. They work in the same way. default.xbe is what causes an Xbox game/CD to boot and is the main set of instructions for the game/CD. default.xbe basically tells the Xbox what to do, when to do it and what other files on the disc to use. Unfortunately, Xbox emulators dont read these files and neither do computers. So you need an ISO file."

NO xbox games, repeat NO XBOX GAMES, will work on a standard dvd drive on a pc,not only wont they work, they will not read or cannot be disc copied with only standard dvd drive. its NOTHING at all to do with .exe files.
an xbox games is stamped, and also recorded backwards, the iso itself, will not read on a pc
to see the xbox game files you MUST connect a pc to an xbox, use a alternative dash such as evolution x, and drag the files to pc.
Just thought I'd add it.

You are wrong sir, I have recently found a program called Blindwrite, It reads the Xbox cd as an Iso file, and it allows you to Copy the iso to your computer , and burn it to a new disk.:ninja:

micheelgeorge

Most Xbox games can't be read by your computer. It doesnt matter if you have a DVD-ROM or DVD-RW or what, it more then likely wont work. Why? Because computers like .exe files while Xboxes want .xbe files. They work in the same way. default.xbe is what causes an Xbox game/CD to boot and is the main set of instructions for the game/CD. default.xbe basically tells the Xbox what to do, when to do it and what other files on the disc to use. Unfortunately, Xbox emulators dont read these files and neither do computers. So you need an ISO file.
-------------
MICHEEL

internet marketing

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
Xbox DVDs are formatted differently than a standard DVD. The PC doesn't care about the whole .xbe /.exe thing. An Xbox DVD is read backwards (outside to inside) to prevent a standard PC drive from reading it.

esa

First things first, this is a comprehensive guide to suckessfull Xbox emulation. Please read it all as it contains lots of terminology which you will need to know.

Section One: How To
OK, you will need to download an emulator. I assume you have one already? good. To use it, you CAN NOT put your Xbox disc into your computer and play like that. Microsoft don't want Xbox emulators because they lose money selling Xboxes, so they have taken steps in emulation prevention. So you need the files on your computer. The emulator will find default.xbe in whatever directory the game is in. Unfortunately, emulators don't understand the files by themselves... You need an ISO file of the game. Read On

Section Two: Getting The Games
Most Xbox games can't be read by your computer. It doesnt matter if you have a DVD-ROM or DVD-RW or what, it more then likely wont work. Why? Because computers like .exe files while Xboxes want .xbe files. They work in the same way. default.xbe is what causes an Xbox game/CD to boot and is the main set of instructions for the game/CD. default.xbe basically tells the Xbox what to do, when to do it and what other files on the disc to use. Unfortunately, Xbox emulators dont read these files and neither do computers. So you need an ISO file.

On this site i can't provide details about obtaining ISOs, but i will tell you that you can create them via a program called CraXtion. Now that you have your ISO, its time to play!

Section Three: Playing The Game
Ok, this is the tricky part. Go back to the homepage and check the xbox section for progress of each emulator. You didn't read wrong, most of the emulators dont work. Some will boot parts of games, some will make them play at low framerates. Unless you bought your computer yesterday you have no chance of playing at 3-5fps even. So basically, you have just spent the last couple of minutes reading WHY the emulator won't work. If you haven't realised by now, I was just telling you the technical details to let you know....

THERE ARE NO WORKING XBOX EMULATORS FOR THE ABOVE REASONS
can you send me attachment of any emulator you have???????????

plzzzzzzz

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
can you send me attachment of any emulator you have???????????

plzzzzzzz

A bit of advice for you.

1. Check the date of a thread/post before replying. If the post is old, check to see if the member you are replying to is still active.
2. Use google for any emulators you want to get.
3. Don't beg. Using "plzzzzzzzz" is a huge no no!