Gamecube Vga Box Questions

someone

I saw on some sites about VGA boxes for Gamecubes. What does it actually do? Does it improve the graphics? When you plug it into your computer, do you have to view the game on the computer or could you view it though your TV? Are there any other additional ways to improve a Gamecube's graphics?

Thanks for putting up with me

-Someone

Danny

It would allow you to connect your gamecube up to a monitor. It might
make the graphics a little clearer as I believe monitors have better
image quality than T.V's, but the graphics will still be the same.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
My friend purchased one of those, worked like a charm.

Zach

You may get a few less jaggies, and some more image sharpness/crispness/clarity, but that's about all you can expect

J

Jet Set Willy

Low polygon count really. Neco's confused if he thinks it has anything to do with using a monitor.

A lot of things look better on a TV because it's lo-definition. Lo-res things don't look bad on tellies.

Zach

Tell that to my old 10" Apple monitor that looked better than any TV I've ever seen.

Irregardless of that, since monitors are capable of multiple resolutions, I highly doubt it would try to run it in some super high resolution by default, and 320x240 or 640x480 or whatever is still going to look better on a CRT monitor than a TV

Could that ruin the picture on newer consoles? Don't think any of us can say for sure without trying it for ourselves. But from plugging up and NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Playstation, and N64 up to a minitor, I have seen quite comparable a difference to standard televisions.

That included less image-aliasing, in some cases. Wish I has converter to test it out, bit I don't. Too damn expensive for me to waste money on currently.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Neco@Oct 23 2003, 07:05 PM
Tell that to my old 10" Apple monitor that looked better than any TV I've ever seen.

Irregardless of that, since monitors are capable of multiple resolutions, I highly doubt it would try to run it in some super high resolution by default, and 320x240 or 640x480 or whatever is still going to look better on a CRT monitor than a TV
No. It. Isn't. That's the point. Monitors and televisions are inherently different in the way that they display data. That's why we don't all hook our PCs up to televisions. Monitors are for sharp data, televisions are for when you don't want to see the pixels so much.

J

Jet Set Willy

Stand on THIS!

OH. Right. I can't stab you in the feet over the Internet.