VisualBoyAdvande Zelda The Minish Cap Issue

InfestYourMind

So, I've been playing Zelda - The Minish Cap quite a bit today. I took a break, came back later, and played for about 4 hours straight. I got to the point were you can gamble and I was using the "fast forward" feature on the VisualBoyAdvance to speed through the annoying dialogue the npc spouts every time you want to gamble. As I followed him through the doorway, my character disappeared, but the next room isn't loading... Music still plays, the npc in the room is still moving, but I can't pause the game, and my character won't come back out of the entrance to the next room.

So the question: Am I screwed out of the last 4 hours of game play and have to start over again? Or is there some way to fix this (I hope, but doubt there is....:()

Thanks

tl;dr - Played 4 hours, no saves, game is stuck. Possible fix, or am I forced to replay?

testmachine

Old member
So, I've been playing Zelda - The Minish Cap quite a bit today. I took a break, came back later, and played for about 4 hours straight. I got to the point were you can gamble and I was using the "fast forward" feature on the VisualBoyAdvance to speed through the annoying dialogue the npc spouts every time you want to gamble. As I followed him through the doorway, my character disappeared, but the next room isn't loading... Music still plays, the npc in the room is still moving, but I can't pause the game, and my character won't come back out of the entrance to the next room.

So the question: Am I screwed out of the last 4 hours of game play and have to start over again? Or is there some way to fix this (I hope, but doubt there is....:()

Thanks

tl;dr - Played 4 hours, no saves, game is stuck. Possible fix, or am I forced to replay?

Do you have a quicksave before you enter the room?If yes load it,and then don't use the fast forward feature.

InfestYourMind

To me it sounds like you'll just have to replay. Tough luck man. :c
Ya that's what I'm thinking. :( I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do all that again. The fact that I'll be playing through everything I just did makes me not want to play it...

Do you have a quicksave before you enter the room?If yes load it,and then don't use the fast forward feature.
The only saves it lets me load are the save from after I took the first break, and the save I have after the glitch happened. Had I known the fast forward feature was buggy, I would have saved more...:(

testmachine

Old member
Ya that's what I'm thinking. :( I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do all that again. The fact that I'll be playing through everything I just did makes me not want to play it...

The only saves it lets me load are the save from after I took the first break, and the save I have after the glitch happened. Had I known the fast forward feature was buggy, I would have saved more...:(

Let me see if i still have my Minish Cap saves.
Edit:
Download SaveGame
I have a savegame where you have to go for the earth crystal,very early.But at least you don't have to play it all over.
Instructions:
Extract the savegame,open VBA,Load LOZ:Minish Cap,go to file>import>battery then select the extracted savegame.
Note:I was using the US version.

Last edited:

InfestYourMind

Let me see if i still have my Minish Cap saves.
Edit:
Download SaveGame
I have a savegame where you have to go for the earth crystal,very early.But at least you don't have to play it all over.
Instructions:
Extract the savegame,open VBA,Load LOZ:Minish Cap,go to file>import>battery then select the extracted savegame.
Note:I was using the US version.

Thanks a lot for the file, but I'm not that far behind. I spent a lot of time wandering around exploring, combining Kinstones, and then clearing up to the ocarina. The save file I started at has the earth and fire elements already. It's just super disappointing that I lost all the time with the Kinstones etc.

Thanks to everyone who replied, I'll just start replaying :my_rambo:

testmachine

Old member
Thanks a lot for the file, but I'm not that far behind. I spent a lot of time wandering around exploring, combining Kinstones, and then clearing up to the ocarina. The save file I started at has the earth and fire elements already. It's just super disappointing that I lost all the time with the Kinstones etc.

Thanks to everyone who replied, I'll just start replaying :my_rambo:

I'm sorry that I don't have my old savegames.I deleted all of my GBA games and savegames and emulators.This was on my Backup DVD.