Thread: ZSNES and KEGA Sound drops

Default ZSNES and KEGA Sound drops

Hi All,

I'm new to forums. I'm not sure if anyone has had the same issues but I seem to have a short loss of sound when in full screen mode on both KEGA and ZSNES. Its odd. It doesn't happen on my laptop or my girlfriends iMAC *(in Windows 7 mode) only my gaming PC.

I am running Windows 7 Pro as my OS. ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Default Re: ZSNES and KEGA Sound drops

have you tried updating the drivers on your sound card, or changing the sound setting inside the emulator?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nonstop11 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mupen64 Man View Post
    have you tried updating the drivers on your sound card, or changing the sound setting inside the emulator?
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did yes. The odd thing is though is that it only happens in full screen mode, not window. Although I cannot see it being the OS I have downloaded Virtual PC (XP Mode) and will try running it on that and see if it helps.

Are you talking about the Original Kega, or Kega Fusion? If not Kega Fusion, try that. If you're already using Kega Fusion, try an older version if you can also to see if anything changes. Also try using Windows compatability mode settings (right-click shortcut, properties). You can set different Windows compatability modes (95,98,ME,XP,2K,Vista)

You can also try SNES9x. ZSNES is quite old by now, and hasn't been updated in ages. It probably won't get any updates until they finally release the new version.
    I am a long time ZSNES user and I finally gave SNES9x a try and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Especially with its video filters and upscaling quality (23" 1080p). Their scanline video mode is excellent and the TV mode isn't nearly as horrifying as the one in ZSNES. I'm sure its not without its issues, but it is currently more actively maintained so I would go with that.

Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Are you talking about the Original Kega, or Kega Fusion? If not Kega Fusion, try that. If you're already using Kega Fusion, try an older version if you can also to see if anything changes. Also try using Windows compatability mode settings (right-click shortcut, properties). You can set different Windows compatability modes (95,98,ME,XP,2K,Vista)

You can also try SNES9x. ZSNES is quite old by now, and hasn't been updated in ages. It probably won't get any updates until they finally release the new version.
    I am a long time ZSNES user and I finally gave SNES9x a try and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Especially with its video filters and upscaling quality (23" 1080p). Their scanline video mode is excellent and the TV mode isn't nearly as horrifying as the one in ZSNES. I'm sure its not without its issues, but it is currently more actively maintained so I would go with that.
    Hi Zach,

It is Kega Fusion i am running, works perfectly fine on my laptop...strange. I will try compatibility settings too. I'll give snes9x a go too. Never tried it as i've always been zsnes user. Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi Again,

So I downloaded SNES9x, it seems great so far except the sound is slightly out, there appears to be very slight lag. Any thoughts on how to improve this? Thanks again.

Edit: Ignore this, I have figured it out. Cheers.
    Last edited by mr_mercury84; April 24th, 2013 at 21:27.

Thread Information