Emulator releases from PokeFan999(Aka Pokemaniacs) are in violation of the GPL.

Squall Leonhart

Pokefan999 (Aka pokemaniacs) has never complied with the source release requirements for any of his "forks" for any of his "projects".

These include

• 1964mod (includes myglide64)
  • Ice64 (same 1964mod with a new name
  • Nice64 (same as above)

All of the above have had public releases, they were hosted out of Google sites at the following addresses

https://sites.google.com/site/pkmnsn64
https://sites.google.com/site/1964mod

There is no doubt in my mind that you would have to be a gullible idiot to think he would let you have the source for ace64 even if you did contribute as a tester/source contributor.

As such, i can only conclude that his changes are completely bullcrap or the files he distributes are malware in general.

Can i request that the administration respond in turn by outright refusing to support these emulators and / or direct users to download emulators that are not violating the source license they are distributed under.

Judging from the last public release of 1964mod/NICE64/ICE64 (emucr.com/2012/10/ice64-v37-beta.html), it appears that pokefan isn't only just violating 1964's GPL license. Here is a list of open source plugins he is violating.

- Glide64, under the name of "MyGlide64". Original developers: dave2001, Gugaman, Gonetz, KoolSmoky. License: GPLv2
- Glitch64, under the name of "MyGlide3x". Original developers: hacktarux, mudlord, ziggy, KoolSmoky. License: GPLv2
- N-Rage, under the name of "ICE64Input 3.7". Original developers: N-Rage. 2.0 Developers, squall-leonhart, rabiddeity. 2.0 Contributors MadManMark. License: GPLv2
- 1964 Audio, under the name of "ICE64 Audio version 4.2". Original developers: schibo, Gerrit. License: GPLv2

Also, pokefan has replaced schibo's original copyright in the about page, with his own copyright (imgur.com/3nncxWj.png). I don't believe this is legal, as GPL requires the original developer's copyright to remain, even after forking (stackoverflow.com/questions/4475319/how-to-rebrand-copyright-a-forked-project-gnu-gpl).

It's hilarious when you see this behavior coming from pokefan, who claims zilmar is 'greedy', 'selfish' and 'riding on others effort'.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Those sites no longer seem to exist, Do you think this pokefan999 changed sites? Either way, thank you notifying us.

Squall Leonhart

Pokefan999 has a habbit of renaming his software when he starts to cop heat, this includes complete deletion of the files and in this case, the site they were hosted on.

Source requests have been made over the past 3 years from myself and other developers of the aforementioned plugins and emulator base and the only response we have had is related to his latest incarnation "Ace64", claiming that he does not have to release source for as it will not be released publicly, as if this releases him from the other named projects that were already published publicly.

If anyone has information on him, please do get in touch, it may end up in the hands of the FSF. After all this time, i don't quite think its more a mistake than it is pre-calculated behaviour.

His youtube channel banner is as follows
channels4_banner.jpg

The funny thing is, this "child" frequently demanded the Project64 source \o/
MyGlide64 will not be released to the public unless that greedy developer release his current emulator to the public. Trying to ride on others effort while collecting donation and keeping it closed from the public is selfish.
He edits his video descriptions to reply to my points at times, this is his current one for the Ace64 video

Squall Leonhart, ACE64 is not released to the public and you have no right to my gfx plugin source in ACE64. If you want MyGlide64 under NICE64, you should have requested for it when the project is alive but the project is already dead long ago. You will have to search for it in dead project graveyard which I do not have access. If you want my source for ACE64, you will need to wait until I feel like releasing it to the public.
Every time someone has mentioned his violation, he has either changed the projects name and deleted any sites+binaries, or thrown a tissy and threatened to only release his junk privately. This looks like intent to me.

Also

Somebody from EMUCR said:
Pokefan999 is freaking toolbag. On his NICE64 site, it says "Do not ask for source codes to be released." Are you Serious? Considering 1964 is GPL licensed, it is illegal not to release the modified source. Further more, his modifications result in nothing but an unstable mess that's good for nothing. Hardly NICE; should be called JUCK64.

This quote can probably be sourced using wayback or google cache.

If he was someone that could be trusted, he would have a repo internally to work with and would still have all past changes. His behaviour is that of someone with something to hide.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hmmm, I will keep an eye out, Hopefully Lefteris_D and GDHPro will read this and will be notified.