Help With Game

Midorikawa

You Wanna Play?
I was playing Fire Emblem Sacred Stones and my dog moved some blankets slightly onto my computer. Next thing I know my game was back at the beginning at a point I had saved in one of my emulators save slots. Originally the save slot was not working and they didn't save anything. I was saving my game in the game itself as I would if it was the actual cartridge. I was really far so is there anyway to recover the data?

Ravenfreak

So instead of using Savestates you just simply saved the game like normal? Okay from what i've gathered from your post is that your dog ended up hitting one of the keys on your keyboard and it loaded a savestate. You should be able to exit out of the emulator, and reboot the emulator and game and your battery file should be okay. (The battery file is the save game data, aka the save battery in the "cartridge".) Just as long as you didn't save over your previous save battery file you should be able to reload the save. Out of curiosity are you using Visual Boy Advance? Because if you are using VBA, after loading a savestate everything that was saved at that point would still be in memory meaning if you soft reset the emulator, the previous save battery file will be loaded instead of your most recent one. This could be what's happening, I found this out on my own since I like to glitch out the 1st Gen Pokemon games and found out that I can import different saves from different versions over another one by doing this odd method. :V