Need thingy to run ZSNES, can't get it, help would be appreciated

Forever_Zero88

Hello everyone, this is my first post, I have an issue with my computer. I have lately been in the mood to play Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Great game, only problem is I need ZSNES to play it, normally I use good ol' SNES9X for whatever reason. I recently downloaded ZSNES and there are no problems it's on my computer and all that good stuff. The only problem is that I need Microsoft DirectX version 8.0 or higher to run it. Now, this isn't my computer, this is my family computer as it is the only one we own with any sort of internet access, even if it is AOL, if you can call that internet access. Anyways, I'm going to get to the point 'cause this is getting pretty lengthy, DirectX does not appear to be a program per se that I can just download and burn onto a disc and move, but it's a bunch of little files, none of which actually appear to be of any real use to me. My question is this, how can I get Microsoft DirectX onto a computer that itself does not have internet access? Sorry about the long post, any help would be great, thanks.

Jale

Do you have CD-ROM games? Most of them comes with DirectX. Tell us the games you posess to determine if it comes with DirectX.

By the way, Windows XP comes with DirectX 8.1 :)

Another alternative is to use an older Zsnes...

Last edited:

Forever_Zero88

thanks, yeah, id heard about the cd rom game thing, ill try that, but does anyone know where i could possibly get an older version of zsnes that would work on a three or four-ish year old computer?

Forever_Zero88

Oh, nevermind, I found an old CD-rom game lying around that had DirectX 8.1 on it, and I just installed that on my computer...ZSNES works great now...but wouldn't you know it...every game works except for Yoshi's Island, I don't know why...it says everything works...it just stays on a blank screen...this bothers me...so I'm off to look for another version of the rom...