3rd Person Action/adventure Games

J

Jet Set Willy

Yeah, it's horrible! I miss boxes so much, they really were special. When I can afford to be alive again, I'm gonna get all the Baldur's Gate games in real boxes, even if I have to import them. My first (now sadly sold) copy of BG came in a wonderful box with posters and books and such, just as a game should be. That's what needs to be done to prevent us from downloading everything instead. *sigh*

I used to own a boxed copy of Frontier: Elite II on the Amiga. That was another amazing box package - maps, fiction, massive guidebook - something you can really feel the weight of. DVD boxes make me sad.

<><>

Thanks for the Info for discworls and "borken" sword ;)
I'll get working on acquiring those soon.
Expect a hidden file section you know where with a personal compilation of abandonware soon. >=P

I agree with waz here. Nowadays the policy seems to be to sell you the game with as little info and accessories as possible so they can IMMEDIATELY start selling the strategy guide (sadly many people BUY those).

Why include a map/guide/detailed info when we can SELL it to you afterwards? Huh what? our saled are dropping due to piracy? HELP US RIAA!

J

Jet Set Willy

I just finished a quick Discworld playing session. You need to use VDMSound to run it properly with Windows. You can get Discworld from here, but you have to pay for Borken Sword so you'll probably need to warez it from somewhere.

Motoko

But I do recommend The Feeble Files.

M.H.A.Q.S.

:rolleyes: Hey I do?

Hiroshi

Try The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. They're 3 awesome Action/Adventure games.
Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 are another good game for the genre.

TGS

Originally posted by MONKEY_NUTS@Dec 4 2003, 01:05 AM
..WIND WAKER IS SHIT AND SO IS MGS 2! :angry:
stfu

Motoko

Anyone got Broken Sword 3 yet? Any good? I've got it on the download as i speak, hoping it will be as good as its fore fathers.

Splize

I just finished Max Payne 2 and wow im impressed that a sequal would have a decent storyline, although its gets alittle anoying when that chick keeps running away. Anyways its good....a bit too short thoguth, cuz I finished it in like 3 day.....It kinda reminds me of the Maltese Falcon.

El Fugitivo

Yeah, it did seem a bit short. It was pretty good, I'd say, though I hated that mission where you had to protect Vinnie who was in his Baseball Bat Boy costume. Those damn b****rds coming over the wall kept swarming me.

TGS

Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Dec 19 2003, 06:49 AM
Yeah, it did seem a bit short. It was pretty good, I'd say, though I hated that mission where you had to protect Vinnie who was in his Baseball Bat Boy costume. Those damn b****rds coming over the wall kept swarming me.
OMFGG AT LEAST ANOUNNCE TEH SPOILIERSQ!!

El Fugitivo

Im so sorrie i didnt knoe it was a spoiler wut is a spoiler? i dont give anything mager away bout the story if thats what u mean

Hiroshi

Originally posted by MONKEY_NUTS@Dec 4 2003, 10:05 AM
..WIND WAKER IS SHIT AND SO IS MGS 2! :angry:
How so?
The only thing I found bad on MGS2 is that the cut-scenes are too long.

TGS

Yeah but they were good. I didn't like Raiden's voice, he's the same guy that did Johnny Quest's voice and I don't like Johnny Quest either.