When Xbox emulation is possible, will it be able to read discs?

BuldozerX

One day in the future when Xbox emulation is possible, will it be able to read the discs, like the Dreamcast emulator do now? I read somewhere that it isnt possible for the PC to read the discs.

BuldozerX

Yes,although direct disc reading might be implemented.

I read the sticky thread you made, but you are implying that Xbox 360 emulation isnt possible?

Hey. sorry to disappoint. This is not going to happen for a few years.
Most Everyone knows that the XBOX 360 console is powerfull as the PS3.
1:The console can't be emulated because it's more like a modified pc.
2.Even if it's possible to emulate the XBOX 360.Our computers are not powerful enough to emulate it, even at the best of the best available.
3.If you ever see a Xbox 360 Link that leads to a download.Immediately cancel the download and block the link.Because it's fake and a Virus (Mostly Trojans,Worms,or Rootkits that steal your internet information like credit card numbers,E-mail adresses,passwords etc.). Its you really want to see it, do it on a system you dont care about.

That doesnt make any sense?

testmachine

Old member
I read the sticky thread you made, but you are implying that Xbox 360 emulation isnt possible?

Hey. sorry to disappoint. This is not going to happen for a few years.
Most Everyone knows that the XBOX 360 console is powerfull as the PS3.
1:The console can't be emulated because it's more like a modified pc.
2.Even if it's possible to emulate the XBOX 360.Our computers are not powerful enough to emulate it, even at the best of the best available.
3.If you ever see a Xbox 360 Link that leads to a download.Immediately cancel the download and block the link.Because it's fake and a Virus (Mostly Trojans,Worms,or Rootkits that steal your internet information like credit card numbers,E-mail adresses,passwords etc.). Its you really want to see it, do it on a system you dont care about.

That doesnt make any sense?

The console can't YET be emulated.It's possible to emulate it,but it would need some time to compile a code that will barely run homebrew games.

KT7013

Just so you know your comment is 100% wrong in every single way. Consoles including next gen consoles are only as powerful as 1/6 of a current computer. "The best of the best available" as you stated, are almost 30x better than consoles. One I have used an emulator before to read my 360 discs and play them on my PC. It's not impossible and it's not a virus, its merely extracting the ISO from the discs without causing harm to them. Consoles are in no way shape or form a modified PC. They are closed platform, they cannot be edited, modified, or better than an open platform system. I build PCs I know. One more thing you mentioned is that the xbox 360 and the PS3 are equally powerful, this is also wrong, the PS3 is more powerful than the 360 but it never became as successful.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
When will people learn emulation has nothing to do with cpu power but more so cpu technology. The more chips a console has + the more technology to interpret = power needed to emulate.

s4real

Xbox and xbox 360 is a hard bit of hardware to do perfect emulation for many reason some is there not that much info on the system to make the emulator and other factors are things like the ATI R500 has some unique instructions, such as MEMEXPORT that would be hard to emu in real time.

Thats the main reason that all xbox 360 emu's are fake for sometime.

But there is a rumour that microsoft them self are thinking about emulating the xbox360 for window 8, why would this happen well its said that the xbox one has a lot of windows 8 based stuff in it because microsoft wants everything to share.

They thinking if they make the xbox one back compatible using emulation and this tech could be used in windows 8.

The main thing is that xbox360 emulation if done by microsoft will only be for windows 8 and above due to the windows kernel.

This is just rumor and may never happen.

Best s4real

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well its not uncommon. Even Nintendo has that retro stuff and the wii did play GC games. Though the one thing xbox has over all other consoles is that they are also a software company and not to mention one of the largest. So this comes of no surprise. Let's also not forget to mention that they get to wave the nana booboo in the faces of those that tried. M$ has always boasted about out smarting hackers and what not, this one time they are right, xbox has not really been emulated.