Computer Problem: Concerning a SNES to USB adapter.

sparkle86

I have a SNES to USB adapter that works some of the time. My OS is Bridge Linux w/ XFCE, but that has nothing to do with the problem. This has happened in multiple operating systems including Windows. The problem I'm having is that every button works on my SNES controller on the computer, except for the down and right buttons on the D-pad. The maximum positions of axis 0 and 1. On some computers, it works fine. On others, it doesn't. I have ruled out the possibility of it being the controller. If ANYONE knows how to use joy2key in Linux, that information would also be greatly appreciated.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You both have the same Join Date ( Feb 2013 )? You posted with in 30 minus or so of each other? You both have issues with down and right buttons? Man that is one heck of coincidence.

Anyways, if this is true then there must be something in common. What adapters do you each have?

kingdedede

You both have the same Join Date ( Feb 2013 )? You posted with in 30 minus or so of each other? You both have issues with down and right buttons? Man that is one heck of coincidence.

I assure you that we are not the same person or anything, although it is a strange coincidence. My original post was here: http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=21352 from a few days ago. I have this adapter that doesn't work with VBA: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Gtro...TF8&qid=1361944196&sr=8-1&keywords=gtron+snes

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
ok but lets be clear here please. Refrain from using praises like does not work. Also is it only VBA where the down and right will not work? Have either of you tested in the control panel, I'm not mac savvy but in windows its under control panel devices and printers. It you fine it does not work in the test control panel and the problem is only VBA let us know.

kingdedede

Yes, I have tested it many times in the control panel (Devices and Printers), and all of the buttons are responsive including Down and Right on the D-Pad. I'm only having an issue in VBA with Down and Right.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Did you need to install any drivers with this adapter?

One work around is to manually edit the vbi.ini files/
Joy0_Left=203
Joy0_Right=205
Joy0_Up=200
Joy0_Speed=57
Joy0_Capture=14
Joy0_GS=14
Joy0_Down=208
Joy0_A=44
Joy0_B=45
Joy0_L=30
Joy0_R=31
Joy0_Start=28
Joy0_Select=14
It will take some testing to figure out what numbers are what buttons.

If you can not make it work or resolve the issue use a program like xpadder. This type of program will map all buttons to keys and that should make it work. Here are some example assignments.

Last edited: