Emulator Problem: I need a little help on 3D adventures games running on pcsx2

megafilipe

Hello community, i need some help from you guys.

I've been playing pcsx2 for quite some time, but when it comes on games almost entirely in 3D, some of them have problems.

Could someone tell me what am i doing wrong or a plugin that worked with you guys so i can try?
It's not a problem with my computer, because its the latest gaming rig.

This is my config:
mH6C4BI.jpg

This is a problem in Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity: shadows very bad
HqcHqrr.jpg

This is a problem in Jak and Daxter: no eyes and shadows very bad
XfMNNhh.jpg

This is a problem in Ratchet and Clank 2, also happened on Ape Escape 2: bad textures on almost every environment
IziDbwf.jpg

This is a problem on Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur: black lines
al8z30K.jpg

Non revelant: these are my roms library: http://i.imgur.com/Yfnr7.jpg

Thanks, and wealth and welfare for everyone.

testmachine

Old member
Hmm,that's odd.I haven't been experiencing these problems,but my plugin settings are different,and my PC specs are different (You can see them on my profile).
Oookay,so here's what you're going to do.
Under the renderer box find Direct3D9 (Hardware) and set it to be your renderer (I've read that many users have been experiencing problems with shadows when using the Direct3D 11 renderer,which isn't strange,the Direct3D11 plugin is still under development)
Now,go to software mode settings and uncheck Edge Antialiasing (This will improve performance,and fix some bugs)
When you've done that,see if there are still shadow glitches and post the screenshot here.
Good luck.
Edit:
I just saw your ps2 collection and WHOA!

Last edited:

megafilipe

Thanks for the response but, noooooooo :verysad: it didn't work with any of these, it stayed all the same bugs but with worse graphics, but in Jak it changed the black eyes into full white eyes, weirdest thing ever (might be a rom problem on that one, not sure).

Thanks for the compliment on the library xD i am very fan of PS2 games even got this rig so i could run them full speed, i also have lots of original copies of games like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, DQ8, GTA, GT, ratchets, DBZ and etc. i think i didnt miss any good game on the console i played and will play them all.

Edit:

i tested put it on software mode and it took out the bugs, but it runs at low fps.. how can i make my hardware look like the software version? i dont think its impossible must be a faq somewhere, lurking..

Last edited:

megafilipe

I havent got any good results with any other plugins other than the gsdx

i was interested in this one: ZZOgl-r5484.dll + Cg DLLs (Nvidia Cg Toolkit 3.1), but i cant find how to configure that Nvidia thing.

i was also very surprised and thought it was going to work when i saw the new gsdx had this new option, i was thinking "gg son" but then it didnt changed anything (am i doing it wrong? i've made all possible combinations on that configure plugin windows bellow).

LTeZOGB.jpg

testmachine

Old member
How many FPS do you get on that plugin?And which games did you try with the plugin?Try changing the renderer mode.

-Zwecki-

I know, this thread is a little bit older, but I wanted to share my config for Jak II / Jak III with you, since I feel it might help with some of these problems.

My System:
  • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
  • 8 GiB RAM (DDR3)
  • Intel Core i5 2500k
  • Nvidia GTX 570, 2GiB VRAM

I got rid of the black eyes & texture corruptions glitch in Jak II with the following settings (will most probably also work for Jak III and Jak & Daxter). I could not get rid of the weird shadow silhouette thing graphics glitch.

First of all, in your Gsdx settings, set "Renderer" to Direct3d9 or Direct3D11 in Software mode. Notice that this will slow down your emulation a lot. Under "Software Mode Settings" > "Extra Rendering Threads", give the emulator all the extra threads you have left. So if your processor has 4 threads, this should be set to 3. Then, go to your emulator settings and switch to "Speed Hacks". You should set "Emotion Engine (EE) Cyclerate" to 3 and "VU Cycle Stealing" to 2. Also activate "Enable INTC Spin detection", "Enable Wait Loop detection", "mVU flag hack" and "mVU block hack".

With these settings, I can play the game with mostly 60 fps, sometimes it drops for a short amount of time, but I think it should be playable.

I hope, this helps.

Last edited:

megafilipe

I know, this thread is a little bit older, but I wanted to share my config for Jak II / Jak III with you, since I feel it might help with some of these problems.

My System:
  • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
  • 8 GiB RAM (DDR3)
  • Intel Core i5 2500k
  • Nvidia GTX 570, 2GiB VRAM

I got rid of the black eyes & texture corruptions glitch in Jak II with the following settings (will most probably also work for Jak III and Jak & Daxter). I could not get rid of the weird shadow silhouette thing graphics glitch.

First of all, in your Gsdx settings, set "Renderer" to Direct3d9 or Direct3D11 in Software mode. Notice that this will slow down your emulation a lot. Under "Software Mode Settings" > "Extra Rendering Threads", give the emulator all the extra threads you have left. So if your processor has 4 threads, this should be set to 3. Then, go to your emulator settings and switch to "Speed Hacks". You should set "Emotion Engine (EE) Cyclerate" to 3 and "VU Cycle Stealing" to 2. Also activate "Enable INTC Spin detection", "Enable Wait Loop detection", "mVU flag hack" and "mVU block hack".

With these settings, I can play the game with mostly 60 fps, sometimes it drops for a short amount of time, but I think it should be playable.

I hope, this helps.