Emulator Problem: Emulator Not Loading Saved Game

Dcolewizard

I started to play Pokemon Fire red on the Visual Boy advanced-M Emulator. It worked fine till I wanted to link. So i decided to try the regular Visual Boy Emulator and noticed the game would just start me off as if I never played it before. Can anyone help me because I would rather not start over from scratch.

testmachine

Old member
If the Save Game got corrupted (Which i'm sure it did,happened to me more than one time when trying to link),then you'll have to start a new game.But check your VBA savegame folder if it's still there (The save game).

Dcolewizard

If the Save Game got corrupted (Which i'm sure it did,happened to me more than one time when trying to link),then you'll have to start a new game.But check your VBA savegame folder if it's still there (The save game).

Its not corrupt because i can open it up with one emulator and not the other.

testmachine

Old member
So,you can get the save game to run with another emulator.Is that correct?If so,don't try to link,to avoid possible save game corruptions.Or if you don't know how to link (Especially if you don't know),then let it be.

bob567

Well you probably used the 1.8 version of vba which will code it differently. It's like trying to open a microsoft word 2010 document with word 2000, you'll just need to use the vba. Besides you really can't link Game boy color games in vba anyways, lord knows i've tried. You have to download TGB for game boy color games to trade up. See youtube on how to convert the files over for that. Sorry that I can't post a direct link to a video as I am a newbie to the forum... not emulators. what version did you play the original game on and what version were you trying to use to trade with?

Last edited: