RealBoy Project.

Sergio89

Hello.
I would like to invite you to meet the RealBoy Project: A fast and accurate free/open-source Game Boy emulator with both technical and educational purposes. Indeed, the value added to RealBoy is that we cover in detail at our web site its design and implementation, targeted at those who want to start learning about emulation. Unlike most open-source Game Boy emulators, RealBoy aims at being both fast and accurate; most open-source emulators fail to pass a series of tests designed to verify the accuracy of an emulator. For example, RealBoy passes the CPU instructions, CPU timing and memory timing tests. RealBoy is also fast; it is implemented in a mix of Assembly Language and C. Assembly Language makes it possible to make low-level decisions that can speed-up considerably the emulation. Of course, with today's CPUs this is hardly noticeable, but it is good for our learning purposes. Another issue with most open-source emulators is with the CPU usage, which is usually very high. Overall, only closed-source emulators offer accuracy, speed and efficient CPU usage (a notable exception being MESS). RealBoy is an attempt to offer an open-source alternative to them.

Please visit our project at: http://realboyemulator.wordpress.com/, we would love to hear what you think. Anybody is welcome to join the initiative.

Cheers.

randompersyn

Hi! The emulator works really well for the most part, but where do I post bug reports? I didn't see a place to on the actual site. Sorry, that's all! Thanks.
~randym

Dailenth

I tried the emulator, works smooth and looks promising. Keep it up!

-Edit-
Woah this thread is over 3 years old I just noticed. I'm sure the developer has moved on, or abandoned the project.
His last post was 1st of july 2016.

Last edited: