NES Controller on SNES emulator

brunonow

Hey guys,

I want to buy an USB NES controller (something like this one: http://walyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/nes-controller-usb.jpg ) to play on my computer using emulators but i also want to use this controller to play some SNES games (mostly Mario). Do you guys know if it will work or do i need to have an USB SNES controller too?

Im so sorry for the bad english and if i am asking something basic but im not a heavy gamer or anything.

Thanks!

Juxxize

is there some sort of list anywhere on here or else-where on the web , a list of controllers that do work with the dolphin emulator, because I need one and I don't know what will work?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
OP: no of course not, you need 4 buttons and the shoulder buttons. The nes only has an a and b. Get a snes controller and it will work with nes emulation.

Juxxize: Just get a basic HID type of controller. The cheaper the better. The only way you will have issues is with driver based controller ( i.e. Logitech ). Just about all usb controller will work but if you need a 100% on that go with a HID style. Examples would be snes to usb, or n64 to use, ect..