Emulator Problem: Dolphin running games at 200% speed :/

kiwis186

Well, I want to play Luigi's mansion, but there might be a slight problem.

The game plays a hyper speed, literally, it plays the game at 200% speed. that makes Luigi run even though he is supposed to be walking, everything moves to fast, everything I try just makes it run like a bit lower speed but sometimes, I mess up and it goes to 300% speed... PLEASE HELP ME!

MarioGeek

umm try this.. Framelimit Off + Audio Throttle checked, orrr Framelimit Auto + Audio Throttle unchecked

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Something is not right there. Do you have version 3.5? Some of the old version have less to emulate and make it go fast but not that fast? Its possible you have a lot of options turned off. I'd first download and try with all defaults if you have not yet tried that.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I just installed my new ivy i5 3570k I finally can play games at full speed. At least the game that emulate well enough to. Had to OC it to 4.6 though and rum my ram at 1600 7-7-7-24 but its stable ;)

GamerSam

Do Some Cocaine, then you will be hyped enough to keep up.

WARNING:
Short-Term Effects

When cocaine is used it interferes with the reabsorption of dopamine, a brain chemical associated with pleasure and movement, producing a euphoric effect. Shortly after cocaine is ingested the user may experience the following symptoms:
Constricted blood vessels.
Dilated pupils.
Increased body temperature.
Increased heart rate.
Higher blood pressure.

aerorocks

Hello, I just got dolphin today. I have New Super Mario Bros, Wii and when i press play it is at 300-700%! game speed. I don't know how to make it slower. Looks like all the videos on youtube are people trying to get up to 100% but I have a brand new rig i7 4770K with NVDIA GeForce GTX 770 so it can handle pretty much what ever I give it. What do I need to do in the setting to play mario at normal speed?

verions 3.5 Dolphin.

Thanks,

Steebs

I made an account just to tell you guys the fix. Or at least what worked for me.
My emulator was stuck at 250% speed during gameplay and over 400% during cutscenes.

Go into Config and under the Basic Settings section find Framelimit. Check Limit FPS and set the limit to 30.

Aharon

I made an account just to tell you guys the fix. Or at least what worked for me.
My emulator was stuck at 250% speed during gameplay and over 400% during cutscenes.

Go into Config and under the Basic Settings section find Framelimit. Check Limit FPS and set the limit to 30.

I made an account too to give you thanks for that help, it worked for me tvm!