So it's been a while, any words on a 3DS Emulator?

Squall Leonhart

Another fake by the fake Cryptox.

This is the same guy that put up Xbox360Emulator and Playstation2Emulator and that TemplerunPC site.

The only Trusted Cryptox belongs to the XDA community, The Cryptox claiming to be releasing emulators is a FAKE and is harvesting data via those surveys on the site.

The files obtained when you do the survey are actually shaders from GTA4.

great_haseo

actually it isn't fake 100% but the proceding to obtain it. its hard like a hell. i try to download the bios and complete the survey they give. and i download it!!! unfortunetly i failed to download it because you can't download it with booster like IDM. so if anyone can complete the survey please... upload it. and then post it in here:)

testmachine

Old member
actually it isn't fake 100% but the proceding to obtain it. its hard like a hell. i try to download the bios and complete the survey they give. and i download it!!! unfortunetly i failed to download it because you can't download it with booster like IDM. so if anyone can complete the survey please... upload it. and then post it in here:)

NO!Any download that leads to a survey is fake (And usually a Backdoor Trojan,Keylogger or Malware.)!

MattCiessan

No, that emulator and the other ones right now are fake. I was able to get the BIOS file through some work-arounds, and after that it looked like it would work. Then when I started it up there was no audio, graphics, or controller plugins! So I had to find the .dlls for those (all the while avoiding those surveys) which took a while. Finally put all the things in place, and nothing works.

Don't waste the time/effort like I did.. haha.

IronicTitanium

Something that most people don't seem to mention is that a good way to check if a website is real or fake: webutation.com

Enter in the URL for the website and it tells you what people comment about it, etc.

So if you're looking to order something online but the website seems fishy, webutation. If you're unsure about an emulator for a recent platform that seems really legit, webutation. Admittedly, sometimes the website might be under-known so Webutation just says it's fine, so still it's good to be careful.

And ANYTHING with a survey is fake.

Also, people that say there won't be a 3DS or Wii U emulator for a long time, that's not COMPLETELY true. The Wii U is based off of the same engine that the Wii and GameCube are based off of, which is why the Wii had emulator support relatively quickly. And the 3DS is also based off of the engine that the DS was based off of, so it shouldn't take TOO long, I heard they're already dumping some ROMs for it, but no working emulators yet.

Also, Dolphin Pro is going to support Wii U as well, they are already working on that apparently. And, don't EVER expect to see a 360 or PS3 emulator, let alone the new PS4/One. Most people with average PC's wouldn't be able to run the games on them, and Microsoft/Sony consoles aren't as emulator-friendly as Nintendo platforms. Besides, a lot of console games are available for PC too, ever heard of Steam? A lot of 360/PS3 games are cross-platform with PC support on some too, I mean, if you want to emulate a 360 or PS3 to play a game like Assassin's Creed 3, there's no reason to because you can buy it on Steam for about the same price, and if you just want to play it free, there's a such thing as Pirate Bay.

And thus ends my modern console emulation rant. xD

Alkanzel

And, don't EVER expect to see a 360 or PS3 emulator, let alone the new PS4/One. Most people with average PC's wouldn't be able to run the games on them, and Microsoft/Sony consoles aren't as emulator-friendly as Nintendo platforms.

This information isn't accurate. The only reason emulation hasn't sprung up for PS3/360 is the difficulty inherent in running the IBM wafer-core and Power PC architecture in a virtual process on x86 processors. The PS4/Xbox One both use x86 processors, i.e. utilize hardware that's found on your desktop PC, meaning they'll be leaps and bounds easier to emulate than the previous gen's hardware. Nintendo hardware isn't "emulator friendly" because it's Nintendo, it's "friendly" because it's tech using traditional hardware architecture.

Eevee

This information isn't accurate. The only reason emulation hasn't sprung up for PS3/360 is the difficulty inherent in running the IBM wafer-core and Power PC architecture in a virtual process on x86 processors. The PS4/Xbox One both use x86 processors, i.e. utilize hardware that's found on your desktop PC, meaning they'll be leaps and bounds easier to emulate than the previous gen's hardware. Nintendo hardware isn't "emulator friendly" because it's Nintendo, it's "friendly" because it's tech using traditional hardware architecture.

Still though.. I'm hoping that a 3DS emulator will come out soon. There are lots of us who have been following nintendo for years and we don't always have the money to buy a new device each time. i wish they could make their games more interchangeable and compatible, or at least make different playable versions. I myself dont really care much about the 3D part, i just really want to play Pokemon X or Y. So much.
A lot.

Zero Masters

EDIT: My mind left the "3" out so I responded in relation to a "DS".

A 3DS one I will assume is not far off, but it wont be out soon.

Last edited:

shadowfox87

I have the Pokemon X and Y roms. Just need a working 3ds emulator! I've played Blue and Gold. I can't wait to try the new one. Completely different battle system, base stats have changed. Strategy is now different.

shadowfox87

What? Where could have you possibly found them? Did you have to take a survey?

Nah man, there were a lot of fake sites with surveys for sure. I went to all of them haha. I eventually found it by looking for torrents. The actual .3ds file is 1.7 GB. That's how you know it's legit. Look for it on torrents and you'll find it. NEVER download if it asks you for password or survey, that is bs. Now help me find a 3ds emulator!

Last edited:
Ah, makes sense. There are torrents of everything. Sorry, man, I've been looking everywhere for a 3DS emu, none to be found yet. Believe me, I REALLY need that emu, especially with new X/Y stuff, like the shiny rate being lowered to 1/1000 :/

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Also, people that say there won't be a 3DS or Wii U emulator for a long time, that's not COMPLETELY true. The Wii U is based off of the same engine that the Wii and GameCube are based off of, which is why the Wii had emulator support relatively quickly. And the 3DS is also based off of the engine that the DS was based off of, so it shouldn't take TOO long, I heard they're already dumping some ROMs for it, but no working emulators yet.

You got it right but not quite.

the Wii was based off of the same hardware as the GC, the only thing the wii really had over GC was then wand. The Wii-U is a quite different animal. I do agree with you a wii-U may show up. The dolphin team flat out says NO you will not see Wii-U emulation from us. Let just see ;)

Again the 3DS is not as simple as the ds, that 3d chip is causing troubles. A tend to think the 3DS would be an easy target and I'm shocked that we have not seen an emulator by now.

Emulation has nothing to do with engines... Its all about the chips and hardware.

3ds
GPU Digital Media Professionals PICA200 GPU
CPU Dual-Core ARM11 MPCore

ds
GPU - I believe it uses the CPU
CPU One 67.028 MHz ARM946E-S[2] and one 33.514 MHz ARM7TDMI

So as you can see nothing is similar in the way of emulation. These are chips are way different, read the datasheet on them.

Last edited:

shadowfox87

Ah, makes sense. There are torrents of everything. Sorry, man, I've been looking everywhere for a 3DS emu, none to be found yet. Believe me, I REALLY need that emu, especially with new X/Y stuff, like the shiny rate being lowered to 1/1000 :/

I don't care about shiny. All that matters is IV and EV. Shiny is for aesthetic appeal, which is why a lot of girls play pokemon. If an emulator doesn't come out by december, I'll probably buy the game+3ds on boxing day. I haven't bought a pokemon game since Gold. Though might as well. It's just too bad there's no way to transfer pokemon from Gold-->X/Y.

WASasquatch

He obviously thinks so.But no,people code emulators only if they are good in coding.And they release them to public,for free because they are good people.

Are you serious? Almost every Emulator was written because a "coder" wanted to play their favorite games on their PC. Same for the intent of this persons post. Zsnes was built around Link to the Past and Megaman. Xbox emulator was being built for the sole purpose of Halo. N64 Emulator was originally built for Ocarina of Time and Smash Brothers with all Projectn64 dev released focusing on Ocarina and Smash Brothers support. the first Saturn Emulator focused on Sonic playable as did Gensis after Master system.

You are clueless. Every Emulator made was because someone wanted to play something on their computer. This isn't about the little steam engine that could.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Are you serious? Almost every Emulator was written because a "coder" wanted to play their favorite games on their PC
You sir are dead wrong. No one, let me repeat that... NO ONE starts an emulator for the purpose of emulating a game. The only reason anyone starts an emulators is to see what an be done. Emulating is a hobby, its not to be confused or compared to playing games. I like to play games, its my hobby, I also happen to code firmware. That trait just so happens to be similar to what emulating a chip involves. However I have no intentions of making an emulator to play a game? Or for that matter an emulator period.

Let me put this one more way. The amount of time ( time == money ) it takes to make an emulator is much greater then the cost of buying the system. So your logic is faulty.