View Poll Results: Which of these ones should I buy?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • GeForce 4 MX

    0 0%
  • GeForce 4 Ti

    4 100.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: GeForce 4 Help...

  1. #1
    Say wha??? Jale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,448

    Default GeForce 4 Help...

    Help me to decide for a good GeForce 4 among these two types.

    My CPU and Memory specs are:

    - Intel Pentium 4 running at 2.4 GHz.
    - 256 MB RAM DDR.

    I need a new video card to replace my old one and I'm looking for one that enhances graphics and a bit of speed (mainly graphics).

  2. #2
    Cool Member MONKEY_NUTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    onewecallgodisaspaz
    Posts
    306

    Default

    you should go for the mx so you can play all games and get no graphics errors, which the TI gives you since its old and crappy.

  3. #3
    Say wha??? Jale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEY_NUTS
    you should go for the mx so you can play all games and get no graphics errors, which the TI gives you since its old and crappy.
    I don't know, but, didn't you mean "you should go for the Ti so you can play all games and get no graphics errors, which the MX gives you since its old and crappy."???

  4. #4

    Default

    Ti's are far more powerful than MX's as any bit of actual research on your part would show.

    You should also know its a waste of money to invest in a product line that is a few years old.

  5. #5
    Say wha??? Jale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,448

    Default

    So what the fuck should I buy? I haven't bought it yet all because that MX is very crappy. Sigh... I don't know all GeForce or ATI models, but I want a new video card and one that I don't have to regret later

    Man. Everybody's going with FX, but there are crappy ones too.

  6. #6

    Default

    If you get an FX you want a 5700 Ultra or so, the only one really worth the money. You can pick up an AGP Geofrce 6600GT for around $220, but you need to make sure its AGP, don't just rush to buy it. They sell PCI-Express versions monstly, for much lower prices and I doubt you have a PCI-Express slot..

    If you go with ATI I dunno, go for at least a 9600 XT in my opinion, but a 9800 Pro or Ultra will also do good for around $200.

    I been eyeing video cards for month and just gave the fuck up.

  7. #7
    Crazed Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAPPsmash
    So what the fuck should I buy? I haven't bought it yet all because that MX is very crappy. Sigh... I don't know all GeForce or ATI models, but I want a new video card and one that I don't have to regret later

    Man. Everybody's going with FX, but there are crappy ones too.
    depends on budget (please convert to USD)

    the 9800 pro is better than anything in the FX line
    I hate all of you, especially donkeyknob.

  8. #8
    Say wha??? Jale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,448

    Default

    So the candidates are:

    - GeForce 4 Ti
    - GeForce FX 5700
    - ATI 9600 XT
    - ATI 9800 Pro
    - ATI Ultra


    I'm keeping an eye on the GeForce 4 Ti, but I'll research about the other ones and I'll see...

    The point is that I don't need too much power, but a crap either.

    Anyway, thank you guys for giving me concrete models
    Last edited by Jale; January 7th, 2005 at 01:48.

  9. #9

    Default

    You need to just take the Ti's off your list period. If you buy one now it will be a stupid investment, and you have been warned.

  10. #10
    Crazed Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAPPsmash
    So the candidates are:

    - GeForce 4 Ti
    - GeForce FX 5700
    - ATI 9600 XT
    - ATI 9800 Pro
    - ATI Ultra


    I'm keeping an eye on the GeForce 4 Ti, but I'll research about the other ones and I'll see...

    The point is that I don't need too much power, but a crap either.

    Anyway, thank you guys for giving me concrete models
    no such thing as the ATI ultra lol....

    9800pro > 9600xt > 5700 > Ti4***
    150-200 120-140 100ish used for as low as 40
    I hate all of you, especially donkeyknob.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •