GeForce 4 Help...

Which of these ones should I buy?

• GeForce 4 MX

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jale

Help me to decide for a good GeForce 4 among these two types.

My CPU and Memory specs are:

- Intel Pentium 4 running at 2.4 GHz.
- 256 MB RAM DDR.

I need a new video card to replace my old one and I'm looking for one that enhances graphics and a bit of speed (mainly graphics).

MONKEY_NUTS

you should go for the mx so you can play all games and get no graphics errors, which the TI gives you since its old and crappy.

Jale

MONKEY_NUTS said:
you should go for the mx so you can play all games and get no graphics errors, which the TI gives you since its old and crappy.
I don't know, but, didn't you mean "you should go for the Ti so you can play all games and get no graphics errors, which the MX gives you since its old and crappy."??? :unsure:

Zach

Ti's are far more powerful than MX's as any bit of actual research on your part would show.

You should also know its a waste of money to invest in a product line that is a few years old.

Jale

So what the fuck should I buy? I haven't bought it yet all because that MX is very crappy. Sigh... I don't know all GeForce or ATI models, but I want a new video card and one that I don't have to regret later :(

Man. Everybody's going with FX, but there are crappy ones too.

Zach

If you get an FX you want a 5700 Ultra or so, the only one really worth the money. You can pick up an AGP Geofrce 6600GT for around $220, but you need to make sure its AGP, don't just rush to buy it. They sell PCI-Express versions monstly, for much lower prices and I doubt you have a PCI-Express slot..

If you go with ATI I dunno, go for at least a 9600 XT in my opinion, but a 9800 Pro or Ultra will also do good for around $200.

I been eyeing video cards for month and just gave the fuck up.

onewecallgod

JAPPsmash said:
So what the fuck should I buy? I haven't bought it yet all because that MX is very crappy. Sigh... I don't know all GeForce or ATI models, but I want a new video card and one that I don't have to regret later :(

Man. Everybody's going with FX, but there are crappy ones too.
depends on budget (please convert to USD)

the 9800 pro is better than anything in the FX line

Jale

So the candidates are:

- GeForce 4 Ti
- GeForce FX 5700
- ATI 9600 XT
- ATI 9800 Pro
- ATI Ultra

I'm keeping an eye on the GeForce 4 Ti, but I'll research about the other ones and I'll see...

The point is that I don't need too much power, but a crap either.

Anyway, thank you guys for giving me concrete models :)

Last edited:

Zach

You need to just take the Ti's off your list period. If you buy one now it will be a stupid investment, and you have been warned.

onewecallgod

JAPPsmash said:
So the candidates are:

- GeForce 4 Ti
- GeForce FX 5700
- ATI 9600 XT
- ATI 9800 Pro
- ATI Ultra

I'm keeping an eye on the GeForce 4 Ti, but I'll research about the other ones and I'll see...

The point is that I don't need too much power, but a crap either.

Anyway, thank you guys for giving me concrete models :)
no such thing as the ATI ultra lol....

9800pro > 9600xt > 5700 > Ti4***
150-200 120-140 100ish used for as low as 40

Jale

Then the candidates are: :p

- GeForce 4 Ti
- GeForce FX 5700
- ATI 9600 XT
- ATI 9800 Pro

montpics

Then the poll made above is totally useless now. :cool:

Jale

Preview Results:

- GeForce 4 Ti:
Still alive!

- GeForce FX 5700:
Still alive!

- ATI 9600 XT:
Still alive!

- ATI 9800 Pro: OMFG!!! HEART ATTACK!!! TOO WAY EXPENSIVE!!!
:confused: (dismissed) :verysad:

So we have the following:

- GeForce 4 Ti
- GeForce FX 5700
- ATI 9600 XT

Another alternative:

- ATI Radeon 9200SE

Possible winner: ATI 9600 XT

All cards are 128 MB or higher. More results soon...

EDIT: Found ATI 9600 XT.

Last edited:

Jale

I said it could be a possible winner. I need more research... I have to pick the right one that satisfies me

Last edited:

onewecallgod

what kind of games do you play? looks like you should get more ram too, 256mb really isnt cutting it anymore.

Zach

Especially if you have windows XP.

If you are into gaming on your PC and play the latest games I reccomend at least 768MB of ram for Windows XP. 512 will give you overall smooth play and decent loading speed, people say go for one gig or bust, but I have found 768 to be a pleasing comprimise