Why are there only one good working Dreamcast emulator?

BuldozerX

Why are there only one good Dreamcast emulator out? I mean, there PSX, PS2 and the N64 are almost perfect now, and it was almost released at the same time. NullDC shows that Dreamcast can be emulated very well, so thats why im asking.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
When the DC came out how many kids that had game consoles do you know had a playstation. Lets just say 5 out of 10. Now how many had a n64, lets says 2 out of ten. The rest may have had other systems, maybe one had a dream cast. My point? Its not a common system and its very easy to play backups on it. So there are few people that would try to make an emulator.

Now you are also way wrong on your analysis. Demul, NullDC, makaron and crankast all work quite well. Some preform better in certain areas then others. So I don't know what you are asking?

NullDC is by far the fastest, but any of the others play full speeds on the sandy ivy bridge systems. What are you working with a slow core duo or something ?

Last edited:

BuldozerX

When the DC came out how many kids that had game consoles do you know had a playstation. Lets just say 5 out of 10. Now how many had a n64, lets says 2 out of ten. The rest may have had other systems, maybe one had a dream cast. My point? Its not a common system and its very easy to play backups on it. So there are few people that would try to make an emulator.

Now you are also way wrong on your analysis. Demul, NullDC, makaron and crankast all work quite well. Some preform better in certain areas then others. So I don't know what you are asking?

NullDC is by far the fastest, but any of the others play full speeds on the sandy ivy bridge systems. What are you working with a slow core duo or something ?

I was talking about NullDC when I said good working emulator. But after reading the answer you provided me with I checked out the other emulators on Youtube, and it looks very well when running on a good PC. :)

dannyboy

I was talking about NullDC when I said good working emulator. But after reading the answer you provided me with I checked out the other emulators on Youtube, and it looks very well when running on a good PC. :)

Why does my chankast restart itself when i load it with a cdi file on deamon tools?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Are there any emulators for Dreamcast that is still in development?
Demul is

Why does my chankast restart itself when i load it with a cdi file on deamon tools?
I dont think you meant what you wrote? Though, I will answer it how I read it. when you load a CD you are effectively telling the game to boot, meaning rebooting the system.

Last edited: