Emulator Problem: Dolphin odd lag. help or tips please

Quogboi

I am using Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-867 with super smash bros Melee, through the in game menus it runs at full speed. In gameplay runs at full speed drops to %95 and between which doesn't hinder the gameplay. But every now and then it drops right down to %45 oddly enough this happens at points where graphics are not stressful.

Help or any tips would be great thanks

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
make sure to use the thread option on the DSP setup. That puts sound on its own core( requires 3 cores at least). Use HLE if you are not already. Use LLE only if you have a sandy/ivy bridge.

Quogboi

Thanks man working better now super smash bros melee working great so is final fantasy crystal Chronicles.
Animal Crossings got a bit of lag also capcom vs SNK 2 flickers black constantly.
F-Zero gets alot of lag

ill have a play around with the settings abit more.

Im running this on my laptop which should be enough for the specs. but under graphics settings> general> Adapter im not able to select my secondary graphics card im not sure if this would help out much anyway. Also im assuming either way like the PS2 emulator itll run alot nicer on a desktop which ill be using in a fortnight so mainly collecting a few games before i make the switch.