Game Problem: Mario Advanced 4 - Mario Bros 3 - Corrupt Save Data

opaque

Hey,

I am trying to play a Mario Advanced 4 - Mario Bros 3 rom with VBA, however the game shows "Your saved data is corrupted" when I run the .gba. I have not used the rom or the game before with any emulator, so I am confused as to why this is showing. I have looked online for a solution, and I have seen that others have had issues with this particular game. Many of the solutions that people provided said that the game required a patch, however the links posted for these did not work.

Could anyone link me to a working patch, or provide a solution that will allow me to use this rom?
Thanks, any help is appreciated :D

MarioGeek

Make sure to delete any save files that it might have made, then change the save type to Flash 128k and try again.

MarioGeek

Save files are stored somewhere in the VBA folder (ends with .sa1 I believe). If switching to Flash 128k made it work properly, then don't worry about it.

opaque

-MarioGeek
The problem isn't derived just from a corrupted save; the game requires a patch before it can run properly. I tried a different method, and I was able to get the game to run and save, however there are still issues with the game, mainly with the sound.

MarioGeek

Yes I'm aware of the patch, but in most cases switching to Flash 128k does the trick and the patch isn't needed. Looks like you're one of the few that needed the patch. The sound problem could be caused by either the ROM or the emulator. Honestly, playing the SNES version of the game would save people a lot of trouble.

opaque

I might just do that. Just means I have to find a SNES emulator and such. I suppose that's better then trying to find a patch though anyway. Thanks for your help :)

testmachine

Old member
Yes I'm aware of the patch, but in most cases switching to Flash 128k does the trick and the patch isn't needed. Looks like you're one of the few that needed the patch. The sound problem could be caused by either the ROM or the emulator. Honestly, playing the SNES version of the game would save people a lot of trouble.

He is right.Just switch to 128k save type and the problem is gone.I've done it long ago and it works.