Emulator Problem: 1964 won't open

7thHanyou

I feel like this is a very basic problem that can be easily solved, but I'm not sure.

I'm completely unclear on what to do with the 1964 Emulator, and looking online hasn't helped.

After downloading it, I extract the rar into the folder of my choice. From there, what do I do? The only application I can find is in bin > release. When I click on it, it doesn't open. There are no instructions for installation in Help, nor is there any indication of what I need to open in order to operate this program.

Is there some installation process I'm missing here? What folder should I look in to open the file if not? What steps should I take? I'd appreciate any help.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
That is a pretty out of date emulator, you are better off with Project64 or Mupen64, heck, even Nemu64 would do better.

gompersz

I'm having this problem and I have no idea how to fix it, it just acts like it loads but won't load up anything. I'd love to switch emulators but I had already started my Majoras Mask game on the Project 64 emulator, which then gave me problems, so I switched to 1964, which worked wonderfully. And than a few months later of playing on and off im at the last zone and the emulator wont open anymore like this, I really would appreciate help.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
hmmm, have you tried using different plugins? If nothing else works I would try using a fresh installation of 1964, just copy over the Majoras Mask save file to the fresh copy.

gompersz

I actually tried a fresh installation and it gave me the same problem which makes me think something is blocking it from loading, but I'm not sure how to tell. However, I'll give another installation a try and see what happens