Emulator Problem: Are there any decent GBA emulators for Mac Lion?

ilovebbw

Hello everyone :)

I have Boycott Advance installed on my 2012 Macbook Air and the emulation is nearly perfect. Save states work. It works with a PS1 USB controller just fine. However, the sound is really terrible, it sounds weak and like static. Fullscreen works though!

I also have Visual Boy Advance installed. Fullscreen does not work, it crashes every single time. The largest window size is 4x set in preferences which isn't big enough for me. But the sound is 100% perfect.

Is there an emulator that allows fullscreen and perfect sound under OSX Lion?

ilovebbw

560 views and no response? Does it mean an emulator for Mac Lion doesn't exist that meets my requirements for full screen & great sound?

opaque

My suggestion is to install Wine. Wine is a program that allows you to run Windows software on a Mac. I used a ps1 emulator with it and it ran very smoothly. There is a great tutorial for how to install wine here. Just ignore what it says about creating a dock icon. For that, I would suggest Wineskin. To set it all up takes a while, but once you do it works great, and installing new windows programs is really quick and easy.

ckrjs94

Can anyone help me with my KiGB issue? I am using a Macbook Pro and I have been googling nonstop how to do a link and I keep finding "see link.txt". Every time I download KiGB for Mac no link.txt file is present, so I downloaded the PC version in order to read the link.txt. But that did not help me at all. Seems to apply to PC's version of KiGB. Can anyone please explain how I do a link on Mac? And if it is not possible, can any suggest an emulator that will let me do Game Link on a Mac? I know Visual Boy Advance Link is not supported by Mac

ilovebbw

My suggestion is to install Wine. Wine is a program that allows you to run Windows software on a Mac. I used a ps1 emulator with it and it ran very smoothly. There is a great tutorial for how to install wine here. Just ignore what it says about creating a dock icon. For that, I would suggest Wineskin. To set it all up takes a while, but once you do it works great, and installing new windows programs is really quick and easy.

I have thought about this, but I only have a Macbook Air with a 128gig SSD, and so disk space for me is critical.