Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Query

Bananamonkey

Hi,

Can anyone explain this to me? I'm using Mario Kart: Double Dash!! on the Dolphin emulator v3.0 and I've finished the game multiple times with the game running great. But the other day I went to play it and started experiencing slow speeds, hovering around 60-80%. I haven't touched any of the settings for this to happen, I have no idea what's going on. I defragged my harddrive, did a disk clean up, cleared my internet history, did a virus scan, but none helped. I re-ran the Windows Experience Index and the score came out exactly the same before. I ran the game perfectly before on every race track so I have no idea what to do.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
did you update versions or change any settings, or perhaps changed your hardware? There might be a hint somewhere in there.

Bananamonkey

Is the hint to get better hardware? I didn't touch the settings. There is, to my knowledge, no difference in the settings, installed programs and so on about my computer from when it was working fine to not working so fine. I have Turok: Evolution and that won't run well at all on Dolphin, but I accept that, because it NEVER ran well. I either need to get a better computer or hope Dolphin gets improved to run it. But Mario Kart: Double Dash!! did run well before that's why I'm so baffled. If it never ran well then I wouldn't even have started this thread.

I finished the game muliple times and played the game for a while with no problem. Maybe there's something I could do to help speed my computer up or clean it up that I haven't already mentioned I've done in my first post?

hm you've done a virus scan ,well tbh some a/v softs are rubbish ,

try malwarebytes it's free(if you can't get a download hit me up and i'll upload my older version as the dl center can be a pain to get anything from sometimes, and it will update the older version)
i have used it on many a machine in the past that i though was "safe and free" from nasties

i often use trial versions of a/v software on a different drive to scan for viruses

anyways give it a try and let us all know what it says ,ofcause there can be false positives but they don't happen very often

Bananamonkey

hm you've done a virus scan ,well tbh some a/v softs are rubbish ,

try malwarebytes it's free(if you can't get a download hit me up and i'll upload my older version as the dl center can be a pain to get anything from sometimes, and it will update the older version)
i have used it on many a machine in the past that i though was "safe and free" from nasties

i often use trial versions of a/v software on a different drive to scan for viruses

anyways give it a try and let us all know what it says ,ofcause there can be false positives but they don't happen very often

Hi! Thanks for the advice. I ended up reinstalling Windows though because I started having frequent weird problems in other areas and it fixed the problem! Mario Kart now runs great. There must've been a virus somewhere on my computer. I initially thought it was something else which is why I came to the forum. Since I didn't get a chance to try your software out, I will download it and give it a go anyway. Bizarre my anti-virus didn't do the job, I use Bitdefender, after reading many reviews and sites that do 'tests' it said this was the best.