N64 Controller and rumble: Is it Possible?

jpmcruiser

So if I ever got an N64 controller adapter and I used the controller as a gamepad (or if I used this... http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f08c/ ), would it ever be possible to get rumble?

And I don't understand too much about emulation, or even less the N64/Controller, so please keep any explanations simple. Thank you.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
It is actually totally possible, the rom is just a dump of the game; that really depends on the emulator, or the plugin. If he used the BlissBox, he would indeed be able to use the rumble feature, I know because I have one, ;)

jpmcruiser

I could have rumble with a n64 controller?

And if so, with what emulator?

Also, what is a good n64 emulator. I hear project 64 is good.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
So if I ever got an N64 controller adapter and I used the controller as a gamepad (or if I used this... http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f08c/ ), would it ever be possible to get rumble
? The adapter you get needs to support rumble. As Mupen64 Man said, Bliss-Box does this.

jpmcruiser

Yeah, but I had just assumed that the people who did this would be the people who made the game. So my question is if the rumble could work if the game supported it (again, I don't know much about the n64 period, or if all games supported rumble, or whatever, so sorry if I'm wrong).

jpmcruiser

Okay, could you explain Bliss-Box some? I looked at the website, but I'm still fuzzy on some things. For example (dumb question incoming), what is a port; is it the place the controller is plugged into? Can you have multiple ports on the bliss-box for different consoles? And why is it that two players aren't possible; I didn't understand that part. Is it only possible if someone had two or more bliss-boxes?

Sorry for the ridiculous questions, by the way, just a little confused.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
For example (dumb question incoming), what is a port; is it the place the controller is plugged into? Can you have multiple ports on the bliss-box for different consoles? And why is it that two players aren't possible; I didn't understand that part. Is it only possible if someone had two or more bliss-boxes?
Port: nes,n64, sega, ect. A port is what just a way to connect a type of controller. With Bliss-box you get many ports to one USB adapter. Only one port maybe used at once.
Player: Just as you would think its the USB side of it. A 2 player box has two usb ports in side.

With a single player you can use any controller out there and the computer see it as a player.
With a multi player you get any controller out there per player, the computer sees X player. A 4 player = 4 devices to the computer.

Last edited: