Emulator Problem: PS2 Emulation

000Hedgehog000

Hi, I have the latest PCSX2 emulator, but my games run a llitle slow, is there any way I can play at normal PS2 speed ?

My computer have 16GB DDR3 RAM, AMD six core CPU @ 3.20 Ghz and a 1GB ATI Radeon HD5730. At the moment I'm only interested in playing Resident Evil Outbreak File 1 and 2 and Castlevania Lament of Innocence.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Latest build or revision? Some of the revisions run better. You also may want to over clock that think a bit, 3.2 is good but 4.0 is much better IMO. For best playability you will need an i3 or i7. Search the web for speed hack they really help.

Tip, try to use ACC and disable the 2 extra cores PCSX2 will use the four max. With those cores out the way you can OC that thing to 4.0 easy ( watch your temps ). Also make sure PCSX2 is using your cores.

000Hedgehog000

Latest build or revision? Some of the revisions run better. You also may want to over clock that think a bit, 3.2 is good but 4.0 is much better IMO. For best playability you will need an i3 or i7. Search the web for speed hack they really help.

Tip, try to use ACC and disable the 2 extra cores PCSX2 will use the four max. With those cores out the way you can OC that thing to 4.0 easy ( watch your temps ). Also make sure PCSX2 is using your cores.

Ok, between tomorrow and Thursday I will check those things out and let you know what happens. I had never OC a CPU in my life, but I will give a try, I have a ultra chilltec cpu fan that thing should help a lot with temp.

000Hedgehog000

make sure to get advice before and during from OC forums. Also get cpuz and WATCH YOUR TEMPS!

Thanks for the tips, but I downloaded PCSX2 version 1.0 and everything worked perfect with default settings, no OC , :D finally I can play my PS2 games, I bought them in Ebay without having a PS2 LOL. thanks anyway man