Emulator Problem: help help bios xbox 360 emulator

amirjahed

i want bios xbox 360 emulator 1.7

into website xbox360emulator.net (WARNING! 99.999% guaranteed FAKE file!!!)

please help me

i could not download bios into website xbox360emulator.net (WARNING! 99.999% guaranteed FAKE file!!!)

xbox360emulator.net (WARNING! 99.999% guaranteed FAKE file!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

testmachine

Old member
There is no bios or a emulator for the Xbox360.
can a mod please remove the link of the website.It's got a fake and malicious emulator on it.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
I have taken a good look at the emulator being offered for download on that website. Only a "look" that is; I have not run it (or even unpack the rar file for that matter).

VirusTotal for the most part does not seem to return anything disturbing about the file. It does not seem to contain a blatant virus or other malware, at least not already known one.

It does however seem to contain very puzzling contents. The "extra.dat" folder for example seems to contain several BIOS files, including a "Xbox 360 BIOS", but all of them contain the string "Copyright Sony Corporation" (and the other files are named after PS2 models for that matter).

The "Plugins" folder seems to contain PCSX2 plugins. In fact now that I compare the PCSX2 distribution with this so-called Xbox 360 emulator, the structure is almost identical.

I think the real "scam" here is that to download the seemingly necessary BIOS file (eventhough the emulator package would appear to contain it already in the wrong folder) you need to follow their twitter/like their FB accounts. They are maybe doing this so that they can resell those accounts for profit later on, or whatever.

The other thing I can think of is that they're just "stalling" with a fake file for now and when the site really gets popular (because of all the tweets/likes) they put the malware/virus on for maximum effect.

Conclusion: THIS IS NOT A REAL EMULATOR. DO NOT DOWNLOAD, WHO KNOWS WHAT IT MIGHT DO TO YOUR COMPUTER.