News Script

<><>

I'm trying to export news from a certain forum to the main page. I installed the pos ipdynamiclite that came with ipb but it looks like this thing won't work for me.

Sure dynamic lite does take care of news on the main page but it makes my life hell. The thing is, I don't want to lose local development ability just so I can add news on the front page. And I'm not going to go through with getting apache2triad and setting up a local php enabled web server just for this one thing.

I usually use dreamweaver for most development as it integrates flash elements very well. So basically I want to keep developing in dreamweaver, and just have a layer or table cell that is the "recent news" section which gets it's content from the said forum. While developping locally, this table cell or layer would be the onlyl thing not visible in design view, but I would be able to develop the rest of the site.

When I use portal mods such as ipdynamic lite, I loose control of the site layout and I'm forced to develop through the horrible site ksins and templates interface built into the ACP.

Anyone know how to help me through this?

<><>

Thanks a lot Lefteris, you got me looking on the right track. After fooling around and searching for ssi includes, I found the ssiplus mod/addon on the IPB forums. This is actually what I needed. It's looking like it will end up working after all =)

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Though the link I gave you was what I thought we could use as a news feed for the forum GHDpro chose to make a script of his own.
I do use that script for the RSS feed though.

Anyway you don't need SSIPLUS just the build in SSI.php will do.