Emulator Problem: Newbie Question re: DS Lite and Best Emulator

PeteRooney

Good evening,

As a relative newbie to the world or emulators, I have been trying, over the last few night to find a decent emulator with which to run my son's collection of .nds games. Unfortunately, out of those that I've downloaded, only one runs them successfully (DuoS) and even this has faulty sound playback with a distinct crackling sound over the top of whatever game I play. I do not have any sound issues with any other applivcations. My PC runs XP with Service Pack 3.

Can anyone either suggest a fix for the DuoS sound problem or alternatively suggest a different emulator that I could use? I have downloaded DeSmuME, DSEmu, Dualis, Ensata, iDeaSs and Nogba and now have a very irritated 9 year old who's putting my technical skill to their limits!

Thank you in advance for your interest and advice.

Pete

testmachine

Old member
Well DuoS is currently in development.And the developer said the new release (With fixed sound) will be out soon.So you can just wait for the next release (Check the link in my signature for update informations).Also you said you "Downloaded" the other emulators.Have you actually tried any of the other emulators?I got all of them and No$Gba and DeSmuMe run DS lite games perfectly.For those two you need a decent pc though.

PeteRooney

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you! We tried No$Gba but it prompted to specify a cartridge - I only have games in .nds format and when I selected one, it said (after 2 or 3 minutes) "The Save Data could not be accessed. please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card".

DeSmuME (which has French menus) loads the ROM, can display the ROM info, but won't start it.

Our PC is a Pentium D with 2GB or RAM.

Cheers

Pete

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Pentium D is kinda low of good NDS emulation, but it should at least be able to work. Could you perhaps post screenshots? That could definitely help.

testmachine

Old member
Pentium D is kinda low of good NDS emulation, but it should at least be able to work. Could you perhaps post screenshots? That could definitely help.

You're wrong Mupen.My cousin has a Pentium D 2,7 GHz with an AMD Radeon 1GB video card and also 2gb of ram.And every game runs perfect.Both on No$GBA and DeSmuMe.I also have a older computer (that i am still using for internet and video games) with this specs:
Pentium 4 HT 3,4 GHz
Nvidia GT240 1GB of Vram
2 gb of ram
100 GB Hitachi Hard Drive
and a Win XP professional with Service Pack 3 Installed.and DeSmuMe runs games at playable speeds (40-60 fps),No$GBA + NO$Zoomer runs games at a perfect speed with 100% of emulation speed.I don't think his specs are the problem.
download the DeSmuMe from http://desmume.org

Last edited: