What is the best android phone for emulation?

britefire

I plan to get an android fairly soon, and am curious about something.

Is there any specific android-based phone that runs emulators better than others?
Or, is there a certain phone that has better-fitting controls than other phones?

The main consoles I will end up emulating would be genesis, nes, snes, and gba.

After searching, I can find many threads that discuss the emulators, but not any that talk about which phone is the best for running them, so I hope this isn't a duplicate of a thread I missed.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I am actually not that sure on which one is best for emulation, but I would say in general that any phone with a good Android OS and a decent touch screen, as well as good specs would qualify. Hopefully someone more experienced in these matters will post as well.

testmachine

Old member
Well there is a xperia x10 mini with a QWERTY Keyboard and Android 2.3.It has decent specs and can run all emulators.Or a Sony Erricson Xperia Play.It has a similar D-Pad to the playstation 1 controller and it has 2 analog sticks (If i'm not mistaken).It also has decent specs.But there is also a Samsung Galaxy Y.It's a low budget Android Phone.It has no keyboard though.Only an on-screen keyboard.

They all have a Multitouch feature for better on screen interpretation.

Last edited:

Kpeved

It's obvious - which has more Mhz, more memory , bigger screen, so - Galaxy s3 will be good. But - actually all phones with jelly bean will be good to

Socfuz

Yeah the new Samsung Galaxy S3 is nice. I don't have it, but it looks nice. Depending on your budget though the Droid Charge is nice and is around 250$ or less I believe.

testmachine

Old member
Yeah the new Samsung Galaxy S3 is nice. I don't have it, but it looks nice. Depending on your budget though the Droid Charge is nice and is around 250$ or less I believe.

Actually i have the Galaxy S3 and i paid 650$ for it (In my country this is about 1340 KM.).And the phone is excellent.The screen is really big (4,8 inches 720x1280 resolution).The processor is a Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9.And everything works great!All emulators work on full speed.

AddisonS

Is there a big difference between the S3 and the Droid Charge? I want to get an Android phone that will run emulators, but I do not have the budget to afford the S3 at the moment. How big of a difference will there be between these two phones when it comes to running emulators? Should I just bite the bullet and get the S3 or is there not that big of a difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

testmachine

Old member
Is there a big difference between the S3 and the Droid Charge? I want to get an Android phone that will run emulators, but I do not have the budget to afford the S3 at the moment. How big of a difference will there be between these two phones when it comes to running emulators? Should I just bite the bullet and get the S3 or is there not that big of a difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There certainly is a HUGE difference between the S3 and the Droid Charge.
For example:
The S3 runs a 1,4 quad-core cortex cpu and has the advanced Mali-400MP GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) and a Exynos 4412 Quad chipset,while the droid charge runs a 1Ghz Cortex A8 processor and the PowerVR SGX540 gpu and a Hummingbird chipset.But a Droid charge should be enough to run most emulators.
Oh,and one more thing
The Droid Charge cannot be updated to Jellybean (4.1) or IceCreamSandwich (4.0.4),it supports Froyo (2.2),while the S3 comes with the IceCreamSandwich and is upgradeable to jellybean.But Froyo supports emulators.You should get the Droid Charge.

AddisonS

I need to get hosted PBX for my business phone, so I am wondering what is the better phone for this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

jimm1909

Hi,

I am posting to let you know that the previous poster in this thread AddisonS has added a spam link to my site with the anchor text "hosted PBX". Can this please be removed?

Thanks
Jim