I have just released fMSX-Android 4.7.2, fixing compatibility with some more obscure cartridge ROMs, adding CRT vignette simulation, and the ability to assign special functions (freeze, restore, rewind, ffwd, etc) to gamepad buttons:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.fms.fmsx -- free version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ms.fmsx.deluxe -- full version
http://garageresearch.store.aptoide.com/ -- on Aptoide
http://android.oms.apps.opera.com/en...ndor_id=199556 -- in Opera Store
The new fMSX supports older cartridge games written in BASIC and not containing any assembly code, as well as Vaxol game making spurious writes to the ROM mapper. To see the new CRT effect, where screen corners become slightly darker than the center, make sure you have OpenGLES video acceleration enabled, then check the "Video | Apply CRT Vignette" option. To assign special functions to your gamepad, go to "Input | Assign Special Keys" and scroll down. See below for all the changes.
* Fixed loading of BASIC-only cartridges (Danger X4, Crazy Bullet, etc).
* Added a hack to ignore bad writes to ASCII16 MegaROM mapper (Vaxol).
* Added CRT vignetting simulation effect.
* Enable "Video | Hardware Acceleration" to see new effect.
* Check "Video | Apply CRT Vignette" to enable vignetting.
* Special functions (freeze, restore, etc.) can be assigned to gamepad.
* See L1, L2, R1, R2, THUMBL, THUMBR under "Input | Assign Special Keys".
* Fixed framerate counter display.