Emulator Problem: Need Help With Graphics Card Emulation

thet0taln00b

I am looking to create an emulator that will lower all the settings on my nvidia graphics card to an older model graphics card from nvidia. I have no idea how to go about this but, I have knowledge in python, java, C, C++, and openGL. I want to run google chrome or another browser while the settings are low then have them revert back and close the emulator. Any help would be great.
Thank you.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I'm not sure this is what you really want... The most effect way to slow down the system is by throttling your CPU. Though if you really want to slow down the video card look in to apps like EVGA precession. Its made for overclocking your card but you could go the other way as well.

thet0taln00b

I am doing a emulator project for a class and I decided I would emulate an older graphics card so that I can view a website I made with a poor graphics card to see how it differs from a current card. What I want to do is somehow emulate that I am using an older nvidia card. I am not sure how to even code for this.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Do you have and older graphics card that you can plug into an extra PCI slot? That way you can switch between the two. I know nothing about programming languages, never had the time to get associated, but my logic is telling me that it might help. Or better yet, try to find an older pc with an older nvidia graphics card.