Emulator Update - September 14/2012

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Im not sure if the newest BSNES is new user friendly, it has a folder system that needs to be implemented in order to play games. Either manually or automatically or with the purify.exe and pressing "play game".

Manual is as so:

(game title).sys *folder*
-program.rom
-Save *folder* \\thats where the save states are stored.
-manifest.xml (not sure if it's created manually, or by BSNES on start up)

Byuu's step by step guide is right here, I just tried to make it even less technical.
http://byuu.org/bsnes/game-folders

-

testmachine

Old member
Im not sure if the newest BSNES is new user friendly, it has a folder system that needs to be implemented in order to play games. Either manually or automatically or with the purify.exe and pressing "play game".

Manual is as so:

(game title).sys *folder*
-program.rom
-Save *folder* \\thats where the save states are stored.
-manifest.xml (not sure if it's created manually, or by BSNES on start up)

Byuu's step by step guide is right here, I just tried to make it even less technical.
http://byuu.org/bsnes/game-folders

-

I agree with you Mupen64 it's kind of messy and you need to configure it to run snes games.I switched immediately to Snes9x (good ol' snes9x and Zsnes)

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I think his idea is kinda neat, it keeps everything in its own folder, including saves, and save states, making it less clunky when you want to quickly go through files.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Once you use purify to play your game, it creates the folder system that you need, all you got to do is move it back into the BSNES folder, but hey, to each their own I guess. :)

montpics

Pretty sad to say my 9-years old PC can't run BSNES at all in which need a faster PC to run it. Sigh..... :(

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Yeah, my desktop is on its last leg as well, in profile, its nearly fried, pretty soon im not going to have an excuse to use it, XD