Perfect Dark.

sTo0z

I'm looking to set up my controls as close as possible to matching standard FPS games on PCs for Perfect Dark.

This being, mouse to fire, mouse-look, and WASD to move, etc.

Is there any emulator out there that can accomplish this?

I'm guessing not the way Perfect Dark handles its looking around (holding the shoulder button down and all).

But people are always making amazing projects and discoveries on these sorts of things, so I just thought I'd ask.

:happy:

Jale

There's an input plugin called Darkman that has presets for Perfect Dark and many games as GoldenEye and Turok. This plugin has everything you need.

Download it HERE

sTo0z

Well it seems with this controller plugin there is no option to enable the memory pack, therefore I cannot create a profile and continue with the game. :\

If I switch back to the default controller plugin I am able to save a new profile and play, but as soon as I enable the plugin you pointed me to, there is no memory pack available.

Am I missing something?

Jale

Well, unfortunately no. But don't worry, there is another alternative...

If you have the N-rage`s DirectInput plugin, you can assign mouse movements as you please and you can use memory pak with it, even transfer pak can be emulated with the plugin :)

I really didn't know you were using memory pak, so sorry for that :p

sTo0z

How else would you play Perfect Dark with this plugin? If you need to save a game to continue and this plugin doesn't let you save... how else would it work?

And thank you for your help. :happy:

Jale

I'm playing with the N-rage`s plugin. The Darkman plugin is just a basic one. All you need to do is to assign the keys and save the profile in case you want to play normal games like Super Mario 64.

For example, I have made two profiles:

1. Normal Gameplay: Normal assignments.
2. Shoot'em up Gameplay: Mouse and WASD movements.

There are two ways to save in Perfect Dark: Via Memory Pak and Cartridge.

I'll let you know if I find a better plugin.

sTo0z

So mine is just broken when I can't save any profiles in Perfect Dark using the Darkman plugin under the Project 64 emulator?

Jale

If you want to save with memory pak, use N-rage`s plugin. If you want to use Darkman's DirectInput, there's already a profile for Perfect Dark.

If you wanna make a new profile, click on "Profile Editor" button located at the bottom left of the dialog window and make respective assignments :happy:

By the way, have my profile:

DOWNLOAD MY CONTROLLER PROFILE Note that it must be used with N-Rage`s plugin.

Last edited:

sTo0z

I think I used the wrong terminilogy. :)

I was talking about the in-game profiles, when you are in the game Perfect Dark, you must "Create new agent" However I cannot create a new agent because the title does not see any memory space.

sTo0z

Right, if I put the regular controller plugin, I get that, if I put the Darkman plugin in, I get nothing. :)

Jale

:( Sorry that I have to say this but Darkman's plugin has no memory pak compatibility, so, if you want to play shoot'em up games I suggest you to use N-Rage`s plugin until next release.

It's easy to configure controllers. If you wanna assign mouse movements, just click on the direction you want to assign and move the mouse. That's all.