Emulator Problem: The ZSNESW151 Emulator

clules

Hi all, I'm looking for someone, anyone who also has the zsnesw151 em. What I want to know is are you able to transfer a programmed move from one door to through the next. I am playing Super Metroid and for those who know this game you know there is a set of missiles that you must shinespark from one door through the next to reach in Maridia. Well with this em I am unable to do that.

I don't know if it has to do with the way the game was programmed or if it's a fault in the ems. I didn't program this em myself. A friend sent it to me already programmed. Truth be told I don't think I could reprogram it, but I would like to know if anyone else with this emulator has encountered this problem.

Thanks

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Wow, never even heard of it, is it new?

testmachine

Old member
@VintageTorrie:it's just the name of the archive that the emu came in.it is actually the latest version of zsnes.

@clules:i think that it's impossible to do such a programming in this emu.

clules

My friend sent me the email in March of 2009. So It's been out or was out then before or after I don't know.

Xorbeus

I played thru super metroid plenty of times and never had that problem

anyway try it with snes9x it should work

clules

Not to nitpick, but do you use the zsnesw151 emulator? and if so do you know the proper setting for the game so that a selected item will remain selected even when passing through a door?

Thanks

clules

@VintageTorrie:it's just the name of the archive that the emu came in.it is actually the latest version of zsnes.

@clules:i think that it's impossible to do such a programming in this emu.

This is indeed sad news. I can't imagine that the rom or em would come not capable of fully playing the game. Every time you enter a door you have to reload your item. thereby cancelling that shinespark. :(

I just need someone who is familiar with this em's settings that can tell me what setting should be on to allow the carryover from room to room.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
If it is a matter of too many held down buttons, there are options where you can set 1 button to compensate for 2 buttons, it should be in the control config menu, I remember needing to do this for Chrono Trigger when I had to open a door with three different buttons held down. Don't give up hope! XD

EDIT: Or, you can try using an analog controller, you are able to press down as many buttons as you like without getting missing moves. :)

Last edited:

clules

If it is a matter of too many held down buttons, there are options where you can set 1 button to compensate for 2 buttons, it should be in the control config menu, I remember needing to do this for Chrono Trigger when I had to open a door with three different buttons held down. Don't give up hope! XD

EDIT: Or, you can try using an analog controller, you are able to press down as many buttons as you like without getting missing moves. :)

Too many buttons??? Well as you know once you engage a weapon you don't need to keep pressing a button when going through a door in SM. However with this shinespark, yes, you'll need to hold down buttons as you go through the open door. But I would think the em makers would have compensated for that as I said. That's why I'm looking for someone who plays Super Metroid on this particular Rom or Emulator.

That way maybe we can compare setting to see if something wasn't done properly.

Question: As I said my friend sent me this game and ALTTP along with the em already programmed. My question does it come from their site already programmed or does the taker need to self-program it? Maybe my friend forgot something.

As for pressing too many keys and analog. Don't talk to me like you're talking to a web geek. I'm not. Nowhere near it. I know that if I press too many keys at once the sticky keys or the ctrl widow opens and stalls my play until I figure out how to stop it.

I don't want to give up, I'm the 100% type and I want those missiles. Thanks all for helping, keep trying until we get something please.

Xorbeus

just a hunch but it sounds to me like a problem with the rom not the emu

I used to use zsnes back in the day with just the default settings and the game worked fine for me

clules

Again, sorry to nitpick but you didn't say zsnesw151, if that what you meant, I'm the type person you have to expressly say that. how would I know if the seeting are default or not. Nobody has mentioned anything about check this or that in this setting or that.

I use tech whenever I have a problem with my comp. So I'm not going to plunder in that setting mode without knowing what I'm doing(supposedly).

Did you emulator come fully programmed or did you do it?