how can i rip a gamecube game a into .gcm file?

SheeEttin

Is it true that Gamecube discs are written backwards, dit for bit?
If so, would making a bit-for-bit copy of the disc and reversing the order of the bits make it accesible?

If not, does anyone know the structure of the disc?

spotanjo3

Is it true that Gamecube discs are written backwards, dit for bit?
If so, would making a bit-for-bit copy of the disc and reversing the order of the bits make it accesible?

If not, does anyone know the structure of the disc?

I do not know if it is a fact but I have heard about it before and only way to know is to contact Nintendo of America for a fact answer. :)

You can burn it with DVDR and run on Wii for a mod and if you dont have wii then you can with Game Cube called Viper. :)

Click first page and Lefteris_D's signature which you should click "Spoiler" and it will tell you how.

ReeceMix

Dude!..
I've just spent the last 3 hours trying to connect my GC to my PC as a pretend server and I just read here that...

.... It doesnt work with Phantasy Star Online 3

Why not? , everything the tutorial describes is virtually the same

:( gutted ,
I just spent £10 on Phantasy Star Online 3. GameCube games are getting pretty rare to find on the high street and the barstuards are charging higher prices for them.. i wonder what PhantSO3 goes for on ebay..(checks)

If there is a way (now) to use PhanSO3 , please let me know x

d00dness

Good day folks, its been AWHILE since i've been in the Emu scene but I have a question for you in reference to this topic... It seems that being that time again for backing up my games, my son sold our copy of Phantasy Star Online Game which totally *$*#*@!!!!! I've tried googling and even Ebay for a copy of this game but all I come up with are hits for "Phantasy Star Online Ep 1& 2". I guess my question is.... will this version of Phantasy Star still work for backing up my disks as discussed in this tutorial ??? Thanks for your time..

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
You will need a broadband adapter, PSO Ep.I&II and a cross UTP cable. The only other option is using a modchip. The cable, game and bba costed me about 45 Euros together, so that's not too bad. Remember that in this way you can leave your Gamecube unmodded.

jacfalcon

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but a regular on this site and other Emu/Rom sites.

Anyways, I guess I should describe what I'm trying to do so you know. I have been searching for the soundtrack to the GameCube game Amazing Island. I couldn't find it, so I'm attempting to get the music from the copy of the game I own. I have in_cube and Winamp so I can play them. I just need someone to tell me how to access the files on the disc from my drive so I can copy them to my computer. I would be very greatful for help. (Oh, and I don't want to do the thing with Phantasy Star Online.)

Thanks a bunch!
Jac Falcon

praxisdying

Who Knows?
gamecube discs do not run backwards, and this is how you prove it:
1) Tke the disc out of the gamecube and turn it on
2) push the laser to the back of the console
3) close the lid, wait a second and open it up
4) you should notice that the gamecube has moved the laser back to read the disc from the inside out.

hope that clears something up.

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/gcit.html
Features

Read and write Full size (scrubbed) or trimmed ISO/GCM, GCReEx and DiscEx formats with direct conversion.
Extract games from GCOS multiboot ISOs to any of the supported formats.
Command line options for batch processing etc.
Save the original file layout to trimmed ISOs, allowing full size ISOs to be rebuilt at a later date with the same file layout as the original.

AaronFrorp

how can i rip a gamecube game a into gcm file

Hi. Im trying to buy a Gamecube online, theres no way for the seller to test coz theres no power and av cable. Is there some kind of version, a marking like in SP it has AGS-101 and AGS-100 to know that one of those is the backlit screen? Thank you.

God bless, Rev. 21:4

galblow

Re: how can i rip a gamecube game a into gcm file

I dont know guy :( Because i have the same problem like this. Anyone else?

denimkaty

@tdude51: no

@someidiot: yes, but it's not the only method.

@yugiohmaster: Using the GC's BBA (Broad Band Adapter) plugin with network cable to your PC / Router, but with no "emulator", just some apps

can someone give me a method for ripping it into a .gcm file?

GASIYAT

Banned
Re: how can i rip a gamecube game a into gcm file

I dont know guy :( Because i have the same problem like this. Anyone else?

o test coz theres no power and av cable. Is there some kind emi calculator gst login of version, a marking like in SP it has AGS-101 and AGS-100 to know that one of those is the backlit screen? Thank you.

Last edited:

pankaj

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but a regular on this site and other Emu/Rom sites.

Anyways, I guess I should describe what I'm trying to do so you know. I have been searching for the soundtrack to the GameCube game Amazing Island. I couldn't find it, so I'm attempting to get the music from the copy of the game I own. I have in_cube and Winamp so I can play them. I just need percent calculator someone to tell me how to access the files on the disc from my drive so I can copy them to my computer. I would be very greatful for help. (Oh, and I don't want to do the thing with Phantasy Star Online.)

Thanks a bunch!
Jac Falcon

You can use Shazam to find the song you want probably.

GASIYAT

Banned
@tdude51: no

@someidiot: yes, but it's not the only method.

@yugiohmaster: Using the GC's BBA (Broad Band Adapter) plugin with network cable to your PC / Router, but with no "emulator", just some apps

can somebody explain to me how to just hook up your gamecube to your pc and use your emulator to play the game off the gamecube

lukemart

I have only three GC discs and they are all single layer (a way to see if a disc is single or dual layer is to look at the mint codes. if there's two seperate codes sometimes followed by two seperate barcodes, then it's likely a dual layer).