Computer Problem: Newbie Here: SNES to USB Adapter Issues in Windows 7

whatev

Hi everybody! Happy to find an emulation forum that, you know, still has active users!

I'm relatively new to the emulation scene, so forgive my newbyness. I am an IT pro w/a computer science degree, so hopefully I won't be the annoying newb posting "I don't know anything help me play pokemons."

Just bought a SNES USB controller adapter, but I can't seem to get it to work on my windows 7 machine. I saw a post in the zsnes forum that indicated that it was a zsnes problem and it should work in Snes9X, but I can't get it to work in either place.

So my question is twofold:
- Obvious: Has anyone gotten the "standard" Mayflash SNES controller adapter to work successfully on windows 7 and if so how?
- Am I making a mistake by even bothering with Windows 7?

whatev

I can't get the controller to recognize in any emulator, it's definitely a OS level issue. The thing that is really throwing me for a loop is that the b button seems to recognize for some reason.

whatev

Wow NVM, the controller I was trying is faulty. Is there a way I can delete this thread? sheesh.

testmachine

Old member
You know what?It's a OS based Problem.The windows 7 is a new OS and the Snes To Usb adapter is maybe a older build.So that means maybe it is incompatible with the OS.I would reccomend you to install Windows XP.I still use it for emulation but the Windows 7 is for gaming.