How to transfer save game data between emulators?

Eugene Eugene!

I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons on Vbagx for Wii and wanted to know how I can transfer my save data from Vbagx to Gnuboy Gx. I'm pretty far in to the game (almost on the last dungeon) so, I really don't want to start over again. Anyways, when I try to load the Oracle of Seasons ROM on Gnuboy all the files are blank. So, how do I get my save data from Vbagx to Gnuboy GX?

Ledgem

I hate to bump an old thread, but I came here with a similar question. In my case I'm using SNES9x and SNES9x through OpenEmu. I had been saving in-game with SNES9x, but when I open the ROM with OpenEmu (using the SNES9x core) there is no save data. Any idea how to get OpenEmu's SNES9x to see the saved data?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I have no experience with OpenEmu, so I would have no idea. Does OpenEmu have a forum you can use instead?

Ledgem

I have no experience with OpenEmu, so I would have no idea. Does OpenEmu have a forum you can use instead?
At this point in time I don't think that they do. I'm mostly curious to know where the game's saved data goes. I had assumed that it would be stored within the ROM itself, but if one emulator can't see saves made under another emulator then the saves must be going elsewhere. In that case I assume that there must be a way to export and import the save game info, similar to the way that people share saves over the internet. Does that sound about right?

If that's all correct then it's just a matter of finding where those files are located, which is likely to vary with each emulator. I just want to make sure that I understand the process correctly.