Emulator Problem: VisualBoyAdvance Help

Shadow Miju

Hello ^^

I am having some trouble with my VisualBoyAdvance emulator.

When I save, it can't write the battery file for some reason, so whenever I quit the game all of the saved progress is lost.

Can someone help me here?

- Shadow Miju

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Check if the folder your emulator is in is "Read Only". You can check this by right clicking the folder and going to "Properties". After that, it is only a simple matter of unchecking the "Read Only" box.

Shadow Miju

Check if the folder your emulator is in is "Read Only". You can check this by right clicking the folder and going to "Properties". After that, it is only a simple matter of unchecking the "Read Only" box.

I tried that but it still doesn't work. And a little more info: I have a Mac OS X 10.6.8.

When I save, there's an error message saying "Error creating file Battery Saves/Pokemon Ruby.sav"

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
As far as mac goes, I have no idea how it works. Maybe you should just substitute ingame saving with savestates.

TheVib

try to click the save files folder and make sure to click on Apply to enclosed items. its seems it is not able to have full access to write.

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
What OS are you using? If it's Vista or 7:

Right click on 'Battery Saves' and select 'Properties'
Click on the 'Security' tab
Click 'Edit'
Click 'Users'
In the box at the bottom, click the 'Full Control' box in the 'Allow' column
Click 'Apply' then 'OK'

You may need to do the same for the 'Visual Boy Advance' folder.

EDIT: Lol, just noticed your using Mac OSX

Last edited:

yannick0040

This is VBA right? In that case you could try to go to "FILE" And the click "SAVE GAME" and choose a slot. Then if you want to proceed your game you press F(number of used slot) and you go on immediatly. Hope this helps